Louis Vuitton and sales

I like that LV doesn't go on sale. It shows that LV would rather maintain the luxury aspect of their products versus trying to make profits. They would rather protect their image and that shows a lot. As a consumer, it makes me want to continue to purchase from their company than from other companies that put their products on sale at the end of the season.

Just like Rebecca, I bought a Dior Girly Boston bag when they first launched and then a few months later they sold them 50% off. I am hesitant now to purchase anything from Dior or Gucci in fear that it will be put on sale in a few months.

I am by no means a "bargain shopper" and designer handbags are a luxury. Where is the luxury in buying a designer bag that was on sale? That's just me though. I am the type of person that will not buy a bag on Ebay when you can buy it at the store. And I am the type when a bag that I bought at full price goes on sale makes me feel like the bag is not special anymore.

i don't know...i'm on the fence about this. In some ways I wish there were a discount like Chanel and Gucci, but in some ways I don't. I think that people who buy fakes still wouldn't buy LV on sale because it would still be too pricey. But folks who shop at Coach and spend 3-4 hundred on a bag might do so at LV, so it would give LV new customers. I don't know though...:shrugs:

No, cause it helps me save $. :graucho:

It makes me choose wisely and not get bags on a whim or just cause I like it. I have to carefully decide cause it's not cheap.

JoJo_LV_Lover said:
Yeah I agree...I am glad they do not go on sale.
I too would be so pissed to see someone pay half on I bag I paid full price.

I am sure there won't be a waiting list if LV had sales. Think about it, people won't be rushing to buy the bags b/c they'll wait for the sales. Only the "I must have the latest trend" buyers will flock LV to buy. Specially with how the quality has been deteriorating, sales would not be a good thing for LV.

So you think the quality has been deteriorating? I have only been collecting for 2 years but I recently purchased a vintage wallet from ebay and was amazed at the quality. I wonder if my newer bags will look that good at 25 years.

JoJo_LV_Lover said:
Specially with how the quality has been deteriorating, sales would not be a good thing for LV.

So you really think that? Is it just your impression or has something been wrong with a(n) bag/item you purchased? I'm curious.

I like that they don't go on sale also. However, they burn any old stock!

I do remember one time in the mid 1980's when the price actually went down. They base the US prices against the strength of the US dollar against the Franc. That was when I bought my Damier backpack. Wish I could have bought more.:crybaby:

JoV said:
I like that they don't go on sale also. However, they burn any old stock!

True but it doesn't happen with too many things since they tend to UNDERproduce pieces rather than OVERproduce them.
And still, it's an absolutely last resort; they are sent around to stores that might be able to sell the piece and if they don't sell within a year or so, they are then offered to the SAs at about an 80% discount.