Louis Vuitton and Parisian women

Was in Paris last year and shopping at LV, and the SA told me through just general conversation that most women there like to carry less noticeable bags. She said not more than 200 euros. I can't say she was speaking for all the women in France, but she seemed matter of fact.

Agree with the others. I have been in Paris and London shopping and have spoken to SAs as well as my Parisian friend at length about brands. LV is super popular among Asians and one SA told me most people decide for a long time on which ONE bag to choose from, but the Asians come in and buy multiples without much thought. Stereotype? But she is and SA and even said the SAs love when Asians come in.

My Parisian friend says for casual Longchamp is common among the younger crowd and then more lower profile bags for ladies, but for luxury bags, it is Chanel or Hermes. LV is not considered true luxury by Parisians and many do not like the in your face monogram or DE. A few may buy Epi, but ladies typically would not buy canvas prints. Go shop on Avenue Montaigne and you will see ladies with Chanel, Hermes, and also Dior. Forgot... Parisians also love Dior. Avenue Montaigne is a really great street to shop if you get a chance to go there instead of the usual places.

I wonder of they would limit the amount of purses sold if customers were buying multiples and perhaps not letting others have an opportunity. Perhaps the SA works on commission so a sale is a sale ....

I wonder of they would limit the amount of purses sold if customers were buying multiples and perhaps not letting others have an opportunity. Perhaps the SA works on commission so a sale is a sale ....

My understand is this sale policy that you are referring to is the same worldwide as it is in eupore. The Asians like to make multiple purchases in Europe because most luxury purses are cheaper in Europe then they are in Asia.

Agree with the others. I have been in Paris and London shopping and have spoken to SAs as well as my Parisian friend at length about brands. LV is super popular among Asians and one SA told me most people decide for a long time on which ONE bag to choose from, but the Asians come in and buy multiples without much thought. Stereotype? But she is and SA and even said the SAs love when Asians come in.

My Parisian friend says for casual Longchamp is common among the younger crowd and then more lower profile bags for ladies, but for luxury bags, it is Chanel or Hermes. LV is not considered true luxury by Parisians and many do not like the in your face monogram or DE. A few may buy Epi, but ladies typically would not buy canvas prints. Go shop on Avenue Montaigne and you will see ladies with Chanel, Hermes, and also Dior. Forgot... Parisians also love Dior. Avenue Montaigne is a really great street to shop if you get a chance to go there instead of the usual places.

Love Avenue Montaigne! Bought my Chanel wallet there. I get compliments on that all the time!:smile:

My understand is this sale policy that you are referring to is the same worldwide as it is in eupore. The Asians like to make multiple purchases in Europe because most luxury purses are cheaper in Europe then they are in Asia.

+1. I've heard this many times. Before I left for Paris last year and was doing my research on the city, LV was mentioned quite often. Don't remember where I read it, but it was a discussion on this and they like to buy multiples not so much for themselves, but they can take them back and sell and make a profit. The more I read though, they did this with Prada, Gucci, and a few other brands also.

It was cheaper for me also, LOL!! I saved around $500 on my LV purchase!

Being European and having seen France a few times in the past, the Parisian women never striked me as very "fashionable". Actually ladies in the streets always did look a little unkempt and dressed anyhow - sorry I don't want to ruffle fethers here, but is what I have seen.