Louis Vuitton and Humidity???

tgb01

Feb 8, 2007
Does any know if you should do anything if you live in a very dry climate? I live in Canada, and we have LONG, COLD, DRY winter... should you put your bags by a humidifier or put something on them?:confused1: :sweatdrop:

Personally, I would not put anything on the bags. I would assume, if the humidity level is kept at a normal level in the house, then no additional steps are needed. I would keep the bags away from a direct heat source.

Hey there neighbor! (ya I'm in Canada too lol) No, I would just leave the bag as is. Maybe condition the canvas 1-2 times a year with a really light non-comedogenic lotion (eg. I use Lancôme's Blanc expert or Neurowhite as they call it now), but I honestly wouldn't worry much about it.

I live in Hawaii (humid) and my oldest bag (Petite Bucket) has some serious disintigration problems of the vuittonite. I can't imagine that humidity is very good at all for the bags. I am sure dryness isn't great either...but humidity...no!

Does any know if you should do anything if you live in a very dry climate? I live in Canada, and we have LONG, COLD, DRY winter... should you put your bags by a humidifier or put something on them?:confused1: :sweatdrop:

Your bags will be fine so long as you dont leave them out in the cold or un heated place.

I live in MN for part of the year and toronto for part of the year and the dtyness realy hasn't been a prob. Least not yet. BUT when i lived in hawaii we found mold from the humidty from storing one of my moms coach bags. Thank god it was only coach and not LV.

I live in Melbourne, and the weather here is cold and dry. I place my bags in their dustbags and in my walk-in robe. I wouldn't recommend putting a humidifier, that would harm your bags more than your normal room temperature.

I am in Canada too. My petit bucket is from 2001 and all I do is give it a condition in and out when cleaning, once per year. Danier leather cleaner/conditioner works well for me. My patina is medium so I will do the vachetta if it feeks dry. For naked vachetta though, I wouldn't touch it.

I also don't use it in the winter, too afraid the extreme cold or temp changes will cause a problem.

I don't know about the cold but my Speedy sure stood up to extreme heat. (118 degrees in Phoenix in August :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: and 110% humidity) I will say that it was so hot on some days that I was carrying my Epi Pochette and went I looked down, the leather was melting off on my leg! :wtf: .

okay, we have -30 to -40 weather right now in central Canada...and I am not even using my LV's. I'm scared it'll crack b/c it's sooo cold outside (heck I feel like my face will crack going outside)...anyway..i just leave my bags in room temperature (maybe a lil bit colder) and so far it's okay!