Louis Vuitton Alma Damier yay or nay?

cap

Dec 26, 2008
Hello tpfers! I did not want to post this in the LV section so I am hoping to get some different opinions. What do you think of the Alma in Damier ebene? Like it? Dislike it? I am thinking about purchasing this as my next bag but am so use to shoulder bags. So I am a bit nervous . I do like the Alma in the canvas as i feel it fits my lifestyle more. I am a stay at home mom. Thanks guys! :smile:

Well I really like the shape of the Alma. I'm not a fan of the Damier print especially on such a classic shape but if you like it and feel like it would suit your lifestyle then go for it. I think you can buy a long strap at LV if you really need to be able to put the bag on your shoulder but I have no idea how much it costs!

Well I really like the shape of the Alma. I'm not a fan of the Damier print especially on such a classic shape but if you like it and feel like it would suit your lifestyle then go for it. I think you can buy a long strap at LV if you really need to be able to put the bag on your shoulder but I have no idea how much it costs!

thanks for your reply!!! Do you feel the Alma looks better in classic monogram? :smile:

I wanted to have an alma damier till I saw it on a old lady in brigt sunlight ....both looked amazing together but from that point I thought the bag would make me old .....1 year later back at the LV store I bought it ( originally I came for buying Another bag ) but just fell for it again 😘😘😘😘

Reactions: celine666666
I wanted to have an alma damier till I saw it on a old lady in brigt sunlight ....both looked amazing together but from that point I thought the bag would make me old .....1 year later back at the LV store I bought it ( originally I came for buying Another bag ) but just fell for it again ��������

Thanks !! So May i ask... How are you loving your DE Alma? Do you use it for special events or just everyday? I plan on using it for everyday in rotation of course with my other bags. :smile:

Between mono and damier I'd go for Damier but I actually really like the Epi one or even Vernis, but it's not the same budget and I guess it's also less practical for everyday use.

Epi is nice but I would love to actually see the prune electric in person. i think it would be very different. :smile:

I saw some mod shots in the LV forum of a girl with Alma PM in DE with a shoulder strap and it looks really cute on her. I have always loved the alma shape but I also worry that it looks a bit "mature". I'm going to be 27 in a few months & have started to worry about things that might make me "look older" LOL. So I still haven't found the perfect alma for me.

I have the LV Damier Alma - it is one of my favorite bags of all time. My daughter constantly steals it from me and she's in her mid-twenties. It's a gorgeous bag - never shows any wear despite years of use, is sophisticated and timeless and looks equally good dressed up or with jeans and boots. It's wonderful!