Louis Vuitton Alma Damier yay or nay?

cap

Dec 26, 2008
PA
Hello tpfers! I did not want to post this in the LV section so I am hoping to get some different opinions. What do you think of the Alma in Damier ebene? Like it? Dislike it? I am thinking about purchasing this as my next bag but am so use to shoulder bags. So I am a bit nervous . I do like the Alma in the canvas as i feel it fits my lifestyle more. I am a stay at home mom. Thanks guys! :smile:

Etincelle

O.G.
Jun 4, 2008
NYC
Well I really like the shape of the Alma. I'm not a fan of the Damier print especially on such a classic shape but if you like it and feel like it would suit your lifestyle then go for it. I think you can buy a long strap at LV if you really need to be able to put the bag on your shoulder but I have no idea how much it costs!

cap

Dec 26, 2008
PA
Well I really like the shape of the Alma. I'm not a fan of the Damier print especially on such a classic shape but if you like it and feel like it would suit your lifestyle then go for it. I think you can buy a long strap at LV if you really need to be able to put the bag on your shoulder but I have no idea how much it costs!
thanks for your reply!!! Do you feel the Alma looks better in classic monogram? :smile:

nic_blue

Mar 2, 2012
I wanted to have an alma damier till I saw it on a old lady in brigt sunlight ....both looked amazing together but from that point I thought the bag would make me old .....1 year later back at the LV store I bought it ( originally I came for buying Another bag ) but just fell for it again 😘😘😘😘

Reactions: celine666666

Etincelle

O.G.
Jun 4, 2008
NYC
thanks for your reply!!! Do you feel the Alma looks better in classic monogram? :smile:
Between mono and damier I'd go for Damier but I actually really like the Epi one or even Vernis, but it's not the same budget and I guess it's also less practical for everyday use.

cap

Dec 26, 2008
PA
I wanted to have an alma damier till I saw it on a old lady in brigt sunlight ....both looked amazing together but from that point I thought the bag would make me old .....1 year later back at the LV store I bought it ( originally I came for buying Another bag ) but just fell for it again ��������
Thanks !! So May i ask... How are you loving your DE Alma? Do you use it for special events or just everyday? I plan on using it for everyday in rotation of course with my other bags. :smile:

cap

Dec 26, 2008
PA
Between mono and damier I'd go for Damier but I actually really like the Epi one or even Vernis, but it's not the same budget and I guess it's also less practical for everyday use.
Epi is nice but I would love to actually see the prune electric in person. i think it would be very different. :smile:

gingerwong

bring me to rehab
Mar 9, 2011
in purseville
Damier is good for not aging or showing its age over time compared to the monogram but in the Alma it looks better in the Vernis, my personal opinion.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have it and it is lovely. I don't use it as much as I should. I tend not to use my handhelds a lot in winter.

BagsNBaubles

Bag Stalker
Jun 6, 2012
I saw some mod shots in the LV forum of a girl with Alma PM in DE with a shoulder strap and it looks really cute on her. I have always loved the alma shape but I also worry that it looks a bit "mature". I'm going to be 27 in a few months & have started to worry about things that might make me "look older" LOL. So I still haven't found the perfect alma for me.

Jul 3, 2006
I have the LV Damier Alma - it is one of my favorite bags of all time. My daughter constantly steals it from me and she's in her mid-twenties. It's a gorgeous bag - never shows any wear despite years of use, is sophisticated and timeless and looks equally good dressed up or with jeans and boots. It's wonderful!