Louis Vuitton Alma and Coco Chanel

Thank you so much for your extensive knowledge on this history. I found a few more today bits that may be of interest. Is this possibly the actual bag they discovered in the archive? [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]I can’t read Chinese but will put it through google translate and see what else I find.

http://www.zoemagazine.net/29285-louis-vuitton-series-1/squire-bag-1934-2/

http://health.cnwest.com/content/2013-02/18/content_8522116.htm

View attachment 3961638
That's a Squire and on the links are also a Squire and a Marceau, which as established before are only bags inspired by the original order of Gabrielle, so unless they pulled a "Birkin" and simply started to produce a special order on the main line it is not the same bag as far as we know.
I'll post better pics from the book when I'm with it again.
Also there is the Mademoiselle bag from 2011 from CHANEL with Blake Lively fronting the campaign, another historic nod this time from the other side. This one if I'm correct debuted on May 2010 at the cruise show from that year "Saint Tropez"

That's a Squire and on the links are also a Squire and a Marceau, which as established before are only bags inspired by the original order of Gabrielle, so unless they pulled a "Birkin" and simply started to produce a special order on the main line it is not the same bag as far as we know.
I'll post better pics from the book when I'm with it again.
Also there is the Mademoiselle bag from 2011 from CHANEL with Blake Lively fronting the campaign, another historic nod this time from the other side. This one if I'm correct debuted on May 2010 at the cruise show from that year "Saint Tropez"

Hmm... I wonder what it was that they rediscovered in the archive, whether it was Gabrielle’s actual bag or a pattern or a photo. Basically do we know exactly what Gabrielle’s original bag looked like or is the Squire as close/far back as they’ll show us?

Hmm... I wonder what it was that they rediscovered in the archive, whether it was Gabrielle’s actual bag or a pattern or a photo. Basically do we know exactly what Gabrielle’s original bag looked like or is the Squire as close/far back as they’ll show us?
I'm sure the archivist at Vuitton know but I highly doubt the company will give actual credit to Gabrielle for her involvement in one of their BIGGEST hits
Below the Mademoiselle bag as shot by Karl for the campaign descarga%20(1).jpg

I'm sure the archivist at Vuitton know but I highly doubt the company will give actual credit to Gabrielle for her involvement in one of their BIGGEST hits
Below the Mademoiselle bag as shot by Karl for the campaign View attachment 3961697

The Mademoiselle is a lovely take on it as well. I think you’re right. I noticed there was no mention of Gabrielle in the history of the Alma on the LV website. Really appreciate your help.

Just read the entired thread and found my post from 2012! So happy it was updated with pics from the beautiful LV City Bags Natural History book and pics of vintage bags.

OIP.rjAOvBSWIqTrE6dDaT3HZAAAAA