Louis Vuitton aims to sell less

Any time someone says 'you can't have one' it makes people want it more.

SO true.

Thats the quickest way to boost sales. Just say its limited. Think about what all the cosmetic companies are doing with the "LE" collections. People come rushing in a frenzy

Not saying that LV is doing it on purpose but it does create a frenzy.

Very interesting! I wonder if the new factory will increase the number of Made in France bags here in the US?

QUOTE]

Wondering if I am missing something???:shrugs:I cherish my LV regardless of where it is made...:love: I love it when I can show off my Made in the USA Keepall 45 that gets more beautiful every year I carry it!:yahoo: There are a number of models in short supply already so I don't think its a media ploy to drum up new business. I think they are scrambling to keep up.

Wow...maybe closing an hour earlier can 'wade off' some tourists who are on tight schedule. Perhaps demand is really growing and production can't expand enough to catch up. Hopefully this is a temporary problem that will soon be resolved. In the long run price increase seems to be the answer, if they want to preserve the exclusivity. Chanel has already been doing that big-time. Well, not that I want to see it happen to LV though...

I talked to an SA at a SoCal store today and she said pretty much the same thing: the reason for the shortages is that LV had an unexpectedly successful season and didn't make enough product. They sold through the stock they had and are not getting more in because they would rather have a shortage now and have stock during the holidays than run into shortages during the busiest/most profitable time of the year. *shrugs*

Weird... to preserve stock, just tell the customers out of stock.

Maybe LV is saving on wages. One less hour to pay.

I was thinking this too last night. If someone works 5 nights a week and gets cut 1 hour per day they are going to be down 25 hours by the end of the month, which could really affect their budget. Also, I was wondering how this shortage is impacting their commissions (if they are paid commissions)? This must be difficult for some LV employees.