Louis Vuitton 6 Ring Key Holder Reglazing Cost? and Neverfull GM Trim Replacement.

yli1123

Apr 16, 2020
Hi Guys,

I just realized my 2-year old 6 ring key holder has started to have glazing peeling and cracks. I'm wondering what's the cost to get it reglazed at the LV store? Also, I want to get my 10-month old neverfull GM trim replaced, customer service told me it's going to be $60 for it. Is this a normal price for a less than a year old bag? Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jess

Hi Guys,

I just realized my 2-year old 6 ring key holder has started to have glazing peeling and cracks. I'm wondering what's the cost to get it reglazed at the LV store? Also, I want to get my 10-month old neverfull GM trim replaced, customer service told me it's going to be $60 for it. Is this a normal price for a less than a year old bag? Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jess
Hi....I had my 4 year old 6 ring key holder reglazed a few months ago. The cost was $120.00 which I thought was excessive. I did it because I love it and use it constantly but I would not do it again. Next time it happens it will be replaced

Reactions: yli1123
Hi....I had my 4 year old 6 ring key holder reglazed a few months ago. The cost was $120.00 which I thought was excessive. I did it because I love it and use it constantly but I would not do it again. Next time it happens it will be replaced
That does seem a little ridiculous just to have them replace the varnishing.

Hi Guys,

Best,
Jess

I believe there’s a thread somewhere on repair costs. I’ll try looking for it. Meanwhile just last year my DIL had just the straps replaced on her Neverful MM. She paid $240 plus tax.

Hi Guys,

Best,
Jess
for the Neverfull that depends why you want it replaced. If it's determined to be worn out prematurely, or deemed defective, LV may waive the fee to have it replaced. It doesn't matter if it's under a year old. Repair policy is reviewed on case by case basis. I had a Neverfull MM whose strap glazing seemed to wear off after only 8 months. My CA said he would push for a free replacement, but couldn't guarantee it. I ultimately decided not to send my bag for ~2 months for a small issue.

I was quoted £90 to reglaze my 6 key holder after a little over a years use. Considering what I paid for it - I sold it on as I felt better overall to replace it. Great item but unlike some owners mines just wore out way to quickly.

Yeah, they got back to me today with a quote of $120 too. It’s a little crazy, since I only paid $200 something 2 years ago for the key holder. Now I decide to just take it to a local leather store. Lol

I was quoted £90 to reglaze my 6 key holder after a little over a years use. Considering what I paid for it - I sold it on as I felt better overall to replace it. Great item but unlike some owners mines just wore out way to quickly.
Thanks for the info! A little over a year is too soon for a repair. Getting a new one is a good idea!

Yeah, they got back to me today with a quote of $120 too. It’s a little crazy, since I only paid $200 something 2 years ago for the key holder. Now I decide to just take it to a local leather store. Lol
That's exactly what I said at the time; I only paid $200 or $250 for it; can't remember. Never thought of taking it to a leather shop. If you wouldn't mind would you let us know what they would charge you for the repair?

That's exactly what I said at the time; I only paid $200 or $250 for it; can't remember. Never thought of taking it to a leather shop. If you wouldn't mind would you let us know what they would charge you for the repair?
Of course, they quoted me $45 to reglaze the key holder and $50 to fix the hole on my neverfull GM, that include filling the cracking on the canvas and patching up the interior. Don't know if they are good yet. Going to ship my stuff to them today. Fingers crossed!

Of course, they quoted me $45 to reglaze the key holder and $50 to fix the hole on my neverfull GM, that include filling the cracking on the canvas and patching up the interior. Don't know if they are good yet. Going to ship my stuff to them today. Fingers crossed!
Thank you and good luck! Hope everything comes back perfect. Please keep us updated