Louis too much for a five year old?

erii

O.G.
Feb 15, 2010
Hi TPFers!

Let me start by saying,this is my very first post so I hope I'm doing this right! So, my only nieces' b-day is in a few weeks and she will be five years old. Even though she is very young, she takes good care of her things(especially gifts from me)and I know my sister will also watch out for it. My question to all of you luxury lovers is: Am I doing too much too soon? I will admit that every since I moved out of state I spoil her(Tiffany bracelets,diamonds, and nice clothing.) I'd like to get her the pouchette accessories, its not very expensive and she can wear it forever. The few people I've questioned in my real life says to invest the money for her or something like that, but I feel like her parents have those things covered and besides that aunties are supposed to be FUN. Please give me your honest opinions, I'll take all of your advice into consideration. Thank you and sorry about the length:smile:

No offense, but I don't think a 5 year old will understand what 'luxury' means.

I would keep saving, and perhaps get her something nice when she learns to understand and respect the name as she grows older. :biggrin:

If I were 5, I would care less about LV; I want toys. lol.

How does your niece's parents think about it? I would value their opinions more about those kind of things. I greatly appreciate it when my SIL asks us our opinions about getting certain gifts for my kids because it means that she respects us and at the same time she doesn't feel like she's wasting money knowing that our kids like what they got.

IMHO I think LV is too much for a five year old. I have a niece who is 15 and got expensive things from her uncle all the time and now she EXPECTS expensive things. My SIL and her husband don't make a lot of money so when they give her a gift, all she does is complain and is unappreciative of what she gets and is very wasteful. I think the majority of that is due to her uncle who just buys and buys without considering the effects it has on the parents or his own niece. Just my 2 cents.

I think for that money, maybe get her something she would enjoy more? A wii or a barbie dream house....even a laptop, a ds???I have a 5 yo and, granted, he is a boy...but when I try to get him something functional...hes just not overly excited...but toys?!?!?!? She has enough time to get her first LV.

Last edited:
Welcome to tPF! :biggrin: I'm sorry but I have to agree with the other posters. I think five years old is far too young for a Louis Vuitton purse (or any purse really). I think she'd much prefer some fun toys.

no matter how good a 5 year old takes care of her things, I cant see why anyone would give them a bag that costs hundreds. They dont know the value no matter how you explain it to them. But it is your money, and if you want to then its your choice....

How about a cute little bag from Children's place and get her some toys? I have a daughter and I would not like for her to have LV before she turns 18. I agree with the others when they say you should definately ask her parents how they feel.

I think for that money, maybe get her something she would enjoy more? A wii or a barbie dream house....even a laptop, a ds???I have a 5 yo and, granted, he is a boy...but when I try to get him something functional...hes just not overly excited...but toys?!?!?!? She has enough time to get her first LV.

I agree

Well, I understand you. I love to spoil my niece. So since she was born I always get her Burberry, DKNY, Baby Dior ol... I know she dont have any idea about brands or anything, but she is the only child I am an aunt for, so I can do that! And my brother and his wife are totally different from me. Dont care about brands or fashion at all. More of a out in the forest and up in the trees family... So I look at that as my job to set her on the right trak... (And if I irritates my brother a bit, I got happy...) I nearly got her the Mini HL for her name party....