Louis store refreshments?

Its not that I was expecting the complimentary beverage, but

You absolutely did expect it, it's the reason for your thread! You ask why it didn't happen again-- the answer is, you had an erroneous expectation that LV is in the habit of offering drinks. It is not.

You were dealt with politely and had a good transaction. That's what is supposed to take place there.

Last edited:
Its not that I was expecting the complimentary beverage, but more confused that when I have bought so little in the past or nothing at all I was offered one. My feelings were more for the SA I hope I did not come off offensive in any way. I try not to be a bother when I shop or dine in any way.

I personally think that you're overthinking the situation. Offering a beverage while shopping is a nice gesture but it's not mandatory and I've never really given much thought into it. Rather thinking that she intentionally avoided offering you a water, I think she was just focusing on the transaction and forgot. Sometimes shopping can be very transactional which is fine because it's not a coffee shop. You come in, you get your stuff, you get out. If you are thirsty, it doesn't hurt to say "Would you happen to have something to drink? I didn't have a chance to grab a drink earlier and feeling a bit dehydrated. I would really appreciate it" I asked that especially in the summer all the time and they were all very nice about it, even when I didn't purchase anything.

I personally think that you're overthinking the situation. Offering a beverage while shopping is a nice gesture but it's not mandatory and I've never really given much thought into it. Rather thinking that she intentionally avoided offering you a water, I think she was just focusing on the transaction and forgot. Sometimes shopping can be very transactional which is fine because it's not a coffee shop. You come in, you get your stuff, you get out. If you are thirsty, it doesn't hurt to say "Would you happen to have something to drink? I didn't have a chance to grab a drink earlier and feeling a bit dehydrated. I would really appreciate it" I asked that especially in the summer all the time and they were all very nice about it, even when I didn't purchase anything.
Your probably right and thank you for being so nice I think I am overthinking the situation. Thanks again!

What is with these threads on SA’s not offering drinks?!? If you want something to drink, ask them and they will be more than happy to give you something to drink. Around Valentine’s Day they are a bit busier than normal, which also needs to be taken into consideration. I would worry more about SA’s selling pieces that they know are defective, imperfect, or used. That would bother me more than offering a drink.

I wouldn´t bother too much. I was in the store yesterday as well and it was packed with people - because Saturday and Valentines day around the corner. Every counter was full with bags, empty glasses and tablets. We hardly found an empty counter, so I was happy that the SA took so much time for me and showed me several bags and wallets and chatted along. She also simply forgot to offer me a drink during our conversation. She offered me one afterwards though when my bag was being boxed. I only asked for some water. It´s a nice gesture, but I really would not have bothered if she forgot about it with all the craziness that was going on in the store ;) .

I have a different take on things entirely. I always refuse beverages as I'm there to buy LV, not to drink water or coffee or whatever. There are coffee shops etc for that. I wouldn't want to be taking up someone's time fetching me a drink when there are other customers waiting to be served. Just my opinion.

Whether you intended it or not (I appreciate written nuances are impossible to decipher), your post reads with a sense of entitlement and you said you created an account specifically to post this question as it was bothering you so much.

I have a different take on things entirely. I always refuse beverages as I'm there to buy LV, not to drink water or coffee or whatever. There are coffee shops etc for that. I wouldn't want to be taking up someone's time fetching me a drink when there are other customers waiting to be served. Just my opinion.
That’s pretty much me! My SA always offers a drink and I turn it down 99% of the time, unless it’s summer time and really warm outside. I often shop in the morning so I m not going to drink Champagne at 10 or 11 a.m. anyway. :lol:

OP: If Louis Vuitton offered a drink to everyone who buys a Neverfull, they would go bankrupt. ;) The boutique is not a bar! Sometimes, I shop in stores where I don’t go regularly, I may be offered a drink or I may not and I don’t care. I m there for leathergoods, nothing else. If you are thirsty, ask your SA and he/she will be happy to get you water.

That’s pretty much me! My SA always offers a drink and I turn it down 99% of the time, unless it’s summer time and really warm outside. I often shop in the morning so I m not going to drink Champagne at 10 or 11 a.m. anyway. :lol:

OP: If Louis Vuitton offered a drink to everyone who buys a Neverfull, they would go bankrupt. ;) The boutique is not a bar! Sometimes, I shop in stores where I don’t go regularly, I may be offered a drink or I may not and I don’t care. I m there for leathergoods, nothing else. If you are thirsty, ask your SA and he/she will be happy to get you water.
I don't think they would go bankrupt. Come on now. :lol:

Reactions: anitsirk
OP, the only way I'd be irritated or upset if I wasn't offered a drink is if it was obvious I was being ignored or treated poorly otherwise. Say perhaps the SAs were clearly going out of their way to offer all other customers drinks and other special services, while just barely speaking to me, or something to that effect. However, if they are having a nice transactional conversation with me and going through all the motions to sell me what I want, I'm going to be fine. Sometimes I'm offered drinks, sometimes I'm not. Other times, if I'm not offered, and I'm thirsty--I ask. This is in any boutique.

Enjoy your Neverfull. And stick around. Most of us are pretty cool!

Whether you intended it or not (I appreciate written nuances are impossible to decipher), your post reads with a sense of entitlement and you said you created an account specifically to post this question as it was bothering you so much.

+1 THIS!!

I also don't get the way you were dressed part either? I have worn nothing more then a Singlet (Tank top) & Shorts with sneakers? It's summer here & too darn HOT to wear anything else? And it has never affected the way I have been treated? :shrugs:

What's the big deal? Sounds like great Customer service? Maybe next time you shop at LV you will be offered a Drink? If not & your thirsty, ask for a drink of water or another beverage?

I'm sorry that you are bothered so much by this. If you are thirsty, just ask for something to drink. This goes for being *anywhere*. It's not a big deal and it's not worth the time to make it an issue. The SA probably didn't even think about offering any drinks as she was probably caught up in the sale... nothing nefarious. If you are prone to thirst like I am, just carry you own water with you. Remember that this is a retailer, not a restaurant.

Now if you had asked for water and she had said no... that's a whole other topic.

At a corporate level, drinks offered have a purpose. They keep you in the store longer increasing the chance you may buy and there is also a subconscious feeling of reciprocity that kicks in that can cause some people to buy out of obligation. She probably felt that you were there with purpose and not to browse and was trying to be efficient.

Reactions: Talinder and 2cello
I've been to several stores and was only offered water in one of them. The person who offered it wasn't the SA either, but the person greeting people at the door. I think it was just because the SA that I was with was bouncing between two customers so I had a bit of a wait and they offered the water to make up for it.