Louis Dilemma: Damier vs. Monogram

lillly

May 2, 2014
I'm always stuck on deciding whether I prefer Damier Ebene or the classic Monogram Canvas! I was wondering what everyone else's preference is… maybe a vote will help me decide!

I love both prints. But my preference is the Monogram.I love the vachetta leather against with monogram. And sometimes I am not a fan of the regular leather used on Damier Ebene. Their is times where I don't like the texture look of the regular leather lining used. But I love the leather used on the Ascot and Greenwich tote.

I love all the canvas prints and agree with pp that certain bags/slg's look better in certain prints, but mono is my fave. Even though it's not the original print as de is, it's still very classic and I love a beautiful patina.

If I could get it with the same trim used on DE, I'd go for monogram. But I don't like the look of aged vachetta so I will only buy DE bags. I do have a monogram cles and want a monogram Clemence wallet though.

Bags_4_life - when I first got my DE Speedy someone asked me if that was a 'new' print and was surpised when I told them DE was actually the original one!