Louby Disaster!

southernshoe

Jun 26, 2012
Hi all,

I purchased my first pair of Louboutins 10 days ago. Actually, I purchased 2 pairs bc I couldn't help myself. They were 30% off. Now, they are 60%. I went in today (to purchase another pair hehe), and exchange another pair.

I was told at Saks I cannot get a credit since the shoes were on sale.

I said I wanted to return the shoes but was told I can't do that and rebuy them. The shoes would have to be held for 2 days for processing. I've never heard of that.

I was told that I couldn't return the shoes and then just have my sister rebuy them.

This is a difference of over $400, so frankly I am very upset.

What should I do? Speak to a manager? This is a headache since I want the shoes but I could save over $400. I'm a little dismayed by Saks customer service at this point. I called the 1800 number since I used the locator service and they said they had never heard of the policy. Your advice? Thanks.

It is common for most stores that they will NOT give a price adjustment to second markdowns. Saks price adjustment policy is posted on their website.

• Requests for adjustments will be honored if the merchandise was purchased at full price and if it is marked down within 7 days of purchase.

Thank you. I understand about the adjustment and knew about that. However, I wanted to return them and rebuy them or have my sister buy them, but I was told the shoes would have to be in processing for 2 days. My question is regarding that. Thank you!

southernshoe said:
Hi all,

I purchased my first pair of Louboutins 10 days ago. Actually, I purchased 2 pairs bc I couldn't help myself. They were 30% off. Now, they are 60%. I went in today (to purchase another pair hehe), and exchange another pair.

I was told at Saks I cannot get a credit since the shoes were on sale.

I said I wanted to return the shoes but was told I can't do that and rebuy them. The shoes would have to be held for 2 days for processing. I've never heard of that.

I was told that I couldn't return the shoes and then just have my sister rebuy them.

This is a difference of over $400, so frankly I am very upset.

What should I do? Speak to a manager? This is a headache since I want the shoes but I could save over $400. I'm a little dismayed by Saks customer service at this point. I called the 1800 number since I used the locator service and they said they had never heard of the policy. Your advice? Thanks.

Saks also told me the same thing last year. And the different was about $400 too. =[ I ended up keeping them bc they were completely sold out and I didn't wanna risk not being about to get the shoes.

southernshoe said:
Thank you. I understand about the adjustment and knew about that. However, I wanted to return them and rebuy them or have my sister buy them, but I was told the shoes would have to be in processing for 2 days. My question is regarding that. Thank you!

The two day hold to put the shoes back on the sale floor is a common store policy too, not just with Saks, other dept store do out too.

I guess this policy is to stop everybody doing exactly what the OP is doing.

It's in a store's best interest to get rid of as much stock as possible, but making as much money in the process which is why they have first cut and second cut.

It's pretty frustrating to see a pair of shoes you've bought marked down further, and honestly, I don't blame the OP for trying for second cut price, but it's not really something to talk to the manager about. It's their company policy and to me it's completely understandable.