Louboutins to a funeral?

ReeseVuitton

Jan 2, 2012
My papa passed recently and we are having funeral services soon. I was planning on wearing the Ashley dress from Stop Staring, my vintage Chanel black camellia flower studs, and my black So Kate's or Pigalle's.

Here is the dress:
k1caw0.jpg

I'm 24, and in my family the matriarchs wear black lace so I can't wear lace.......I honestly want to get this over with, and put on anything, but my grandma doesn't want any antics so everybody has to show her what we are wearing ahead of time.

Thanks for your input everybody.

I think it's appropriate unless it's critical that you wear all black and the red sole counts as too much color. And more importantly, my condolences on your loss....

I'm so sorry for your loss, and my condolences to your family. I would probably not normally back wearing CLs to a non-family/not-very-close friend's funeral, as they are eye-catching, but since it's your family, you should be able to wear whatever you damn well please.

My papa passed recently and we are having funeral services soon. I was planning on wearing the Ashley dress from Stop Staring, my vintage Chanel black camellia flower studs, and my black So Kate's or Pigalle's.

Here is the dress:
k1caw0.jpg

I'm 24, and in my family the matriarchs wear black lace so I can't wear lace.......I honestly want to get this over with, and put on anything, but my grandma doesn't want any antics so everybody has to show her what we are wearing ahead of time.

Thanks for your input everybody.
Sorry for your loss.

I don't see any issue with wearing black So Kates or Pigalles with appropriate outfit you suggest as long as they would not become a focus of attention - I recall Kate Moss wore hers to Alexander McQueens service.

I am a person who likes to have only one of an item, although nice. So my cl are actually my only black high heals. I have worn them to funerals since they are my only black heals but was wondering about it a little. However, it was cl or blue ballet flats so I went with cl. Sorry for you loss.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

In my family people usually actually dress up a lot for funerals (there is usually a reception service afterwards) wearing all black obviously, but accessorizing with diamonds, bags, shoes, etc. so I'd think it's normal. Also, it's a family members funeral, so you should do whatever is comfortable for you! I'm sorry for your loss!