Louboutin wants to go cheap(er)?

Nieners

♥ Loubounista ♥
O.G.
Dec 28, 2008
I was browsing the newswebsite today to find an article saying msr Louboutin want's to make his shoes affordable for all women out there. Can somebody confirm this?

It would be pitty since it's something exclusive now :P kwim?

I was browsing the newswebsite today to find an article saying msr Louboutin want's to make his shoes affordable for all women out there. Can somebody confirm this?

It would be pitty since it's something exclusive now :P kwim?

It was an interview and he said on the question "What's your wish" or similar and answered that he wished every woman could afford his shoes...

Did you mean that? maybe...

^I agree! But for me, if the price were lower, the quality probably wouldn't be the same. I don't think Msr is going to do that... he's against diffusion lines and this would be similar, imo.

hm... that's easy, don't price them that high.

Right? :P

I don't care about exclusivity, and wouldn't give two beans if every single woman on the street was wearing Louboutins. I'd love it if they were cheaper because then I could buy more of them :graucho:. But it doesn't sound like something that's actually going to happen. Too bad.

There are other brands that are much more exclusive, Louboutin's are just so gorgeous that they are worth the bucks! I would have to see him compromise quality and vision, though (not that I think for a minute it is going to happen).

Shoes have gotten crazy expensive lately, though. You used to be able to get a nice pair 5 years ago for $500. Now it is $700 and $800 minimum. *sigh*

^^This. To lower the price, they'd have to go to having them made in a production line. No thanks. I'll pay more for craftsman made shoes.

I'm with you, girl! As far as I'm concerned, I'm not just paying for a signature red sole, but a finely made, high quality shoe made from top notch materials by skilled craftsman. If I wanted any old shoe, I could buy a sweat shop shoe at Payless and paint the sole red. I have shoes ranging in price from $20 to $800 and there is definitely a serious difference in quality.

My Two Lips shoes may last a year of frequent wear, my Tory Burch's 3-5, but my CL's are solid and I'd expect them to last 5-10. And I do seriously wear my shoes walking around constantly, showing houses, tip-toeing through grassy yards, out at night, the works!

Similarly, I would expect to pay more for a BMW than a KIA, I have owned both and can tell you first hand that everything from the plastic to the carpeting is seriously different in quality. The inside of my KIA scratched if you looked at it wrong, but 4 years in BMW and not a mark that doesn't wash off! KIA makes cheap cars by using less expensive materials. BMW makes quality ones by using the finest materials (which cost more).

You get what you pay for!

If you're buying a fake, I think it goes to show that you appreciate the look and trend, but not the quality of craftsmanship and design!