Louboutin Second Hand Pricing

nycdiva

O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
I have a question for you girls. I used to be on this forum but after having a baby none of m shoes fit and my feet are now too wide for louboutins. So i have a few shoes that have either been worn once, or not all. I tried to sell them on ebay, but no bites. They are a few seasons old. I have a few questions for you ladies:
Those of you who sell your old shoes, how do you decide on a fair price?
Do you find it easy to get what you paid for the shoe if you never wore it?
I personally am a fan of BIN and not auctions since I am into instant gratification. Do shoes sell better with auctions?
I guess I won't get what I paid for the shoes, but even with BIN and OBO, I didn't even get a single offer.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

It might not be the shoes or your pricing. It could be your feedback. Do you have a high feedback number, or is it really low? People feel more comfortable bidding on items from people that have sold before, and have been on ebay awhile.

It really depends on how desirable the style is, as well as how desirable the color/material is. Maybe you could do a search on ebay for completed items similar to the shoes you are planning to sell. If it's a style/color combo that was widely available on sale for example, you really have to take the that fact into consideration as well as the fact that they are used, no matter how much you purchased them for.

thanks for the replies. I have been on ebay for over 10 years, and have good feedback, but I haven't sold anything recently. I just assumed it was the pricing and not me. I did check to see how much the shoes were sold previously, but ebay lets you do that for last 10 days of completed listings, so sometimes, there are no comps. thanks for your help

It really depends on how desirable the style is, as well as how desirable the color/material is. Maybe you could do a search on ebay for completed items similar to the shoes you are planning to sell. If it's a style/color combo that was widely available on sale for example, you really have to take the that fact into consideration as well as the fact that they are used, no matter how much you purchased them for.
ITA and if the style is popular, I find that auctions tend to fetch a higher price in the end than BIN even if you set a low starting price. People can get pretty competitive with auctions.

I'd also say it depends on the style you're selling and how in demand it is. xxxx not allowed!!!
My experience has been that it's almost impossible to get the price back that you paid for them if you purchased them at the regular price. Usually if I get 60-75% of that back when selling my gf shoes I'm happy. Many of my auctions have sold at a higher price when I started them at only $1 than ones that I have listed as a buy-it-now. When you liste them at only $1 though people at first might think they're fake so you have to provide many pictures and some other proof to proof authenticity. But a low start price makes many more people interested and some of them may end up bidding more than they were originally planning on. A Buy-It-Now price gives people the option to think about a purchase, while an auction sets a deadline and sometimes encourages people to bid more because the chance to get that particular shoe might never come back.
Another strategy is finding out for how much these shoes have sold in the past and then add like 10% on top of that, which buyers can get back through bing.com, and make that your buy-it-now price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best to do your homework, i.e., see what is on eBay and what they are going for. I had a pair that had to be relisted several times, but eventually did sell...and that was with my research! It is touch and go, some styles sell immediately, some don't. I would set a price that you would not take anything less for, and then see what happens. My experience is that I have gotten anywhere between 50% to 70% of what I paid retail for brand new pair, 50% for those used. Good luck!

It's definitely harder to sell now, than before people became aware of the recession. This is also the reason I've been cautious about low starting prices - you have to accept that you might be giving the shoes away for much less than you'd be willing to accept.

What I do is set the BIN price a bit higher than the lowest I'd sell the shoes for, and take best offers. I think it's a good approach when you're in no rush to sell, want to have control over the end price, but also generate more interest than with just a BIN.

Thanks for all your help. I have been doing my homework. the problem is with ebay fees and paypal, and shipping costs I won't be able to sell the shoes for what I bought. I would be taking a huge loss, on the other hand, they are sitting in my closet and probably will never be worn. I decided to do the BIN with BO and see if that works. I am very afraid to list as a straight auction with a starting bid of 1$ because you have no control over what price the shoe sells for. Has anyone had problems selling on bonanzle? You girls are great, I really appreciate the help.

Bonanzle is kind of hit or miss, but it's okay b/c FV fees are so low, and there are no listing fees! I actually sold a pair of shoes for above retail there (but they were a very rare color and fairly uncommon and desirable style).