Louboutin Iowa Patent Mary Jane

I want to go to new york for fashion design but my mom is so scared to let me go out alone. I always ask her what she would say if i was going to NY for law or med school would she stop me then too? of course not.

Sorry to intrude in the conversation, but my parents were the same way. I just graduated college with a prelaw/poli sci degree. I had originally applied to law school and got in a few really good schools, but my heart wasn't in it. So I sent off a few applications and portfolios to design schools...and now I'm going to Parsons for fashion design. My parents were originally extremely upset, and I am paying for my own education in nyc, but they've come around and accepted things. It's harder for them, since they are both doctors and have those kinds of expectations. But just think about what you really want to do, and everything else will find a way! I'm not saying medicine is bad, my brother is a biochem major after all! :smile: But doctor or not, I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

Sorry to intrude in the conversation, but my parents were the same way. I just graduated college with a prelaw/poli sci degree. I had originally applied to law school and got in a few really good schools, but my heart wasn't in it. So I sent off a few applications and portfolios to design schools...and now I'm going to Parsons for fashion design. My parents were originally extremely upset, and I am paying for my own education in nyc, but they've come around and accepted things. It's harder for them, since they are both doctors and have those kinds of expectations. But just think about what you really want to do, and everything else will find a way! I'm not saying medicine is bad, my brother is a biochem major after all! :smile: But doctor or not, I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!
Your not intruding at all. OMG that is crazy i wanna go to parsons too. If u don't mind me asking how did u prepare ur portfolio and everything for parsons. I got accepted into FIDM LA last year but all i had to do was write an essay and make a portfolio with 10 sketches. ANy more info u can provide would be great. I don't think my parent's have a problem with the fact that it's fashion design i want to go into cuz my dad is already in the indian fashion business. It's just that they would have given more importance if it were law or med school. Any info u can provide me with abt parsons would be great. What other schools did u apply too. I'm glad ur parents came around cuz u can't beat going after ur dreams.

All I had to do was an essay and collage for the AAS program, which is a post-graduate program, but I believe a formal essay and sketch/photo portfolio is needed for undergraduate fashion design. I think an interview is optional too. I could be wrong though. I do know that grades are stressed as really important. I applied to Otis, FIDM and Parsons. I was going to apply to FIT and Rhode Island, but I missed the deadline. I was accepted to all three though, and Parsons is where I really wanted to go anyways. If you have any more questions, just email me - [email protected]. Hope that helps!

Sorry, didn't see reply. No intrusion at all! Funny how things work out in the end huh? I got accepted into MIT and all of these top notch schools, and my parents literally forced me to go to this accelerated 6 year medical program. To this day, I'm still bitter about it. LOL But, at the end of the day as long as you are happy that's all that matters. And, that's all our parents really want too...just takes some of us a bit of time or years to realize it. LOL :yes:

Congrats on graduating and good luck to you at Parsons! :tup:

^^^I know!! College is craziness sometimes. but everything works out in the end, I really do believe that. But thanks for the congrats! and good luck with this year in med. school!