Louboutin 911!

lalawyer

O.G.
Nov 10, 2008
Help! I was wearing my Lady Grants yesterday at a meeting, and I managed to step in the one hole in the floorboards. The heel on my right shoe got stuck, and now the leather, although it didn't rip off, is scarred-looking. So upset!! What can be done to fix this, if anything? Can anyone recommend a trustworthy cobbler in the New Orleans area?

OH NO, that is terrible, but I know that a good cobbler can work magic. Also, I know that some ladies have done it themselves with tweezers and super glue.

Check with Zophie. She lives in New Orleans, I think.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

OH NO, that is terrible, but I know that a good cobbler can work magic. Also, I know that some ladies have done it themselves with tweezers and super glue.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I agree, Zophie should def. know! Good Luck!!!

If it's scarred badly, you can have the entire heel replaced and releathered as long as the color is not some super hard to match, multicolored, multi-textured, exotic material. And the Lady Grants are pretty standard leather imo.

Thanks for the info! I took a picture, but the flash made it look much worse than it is, and really, it's not THAT awful. I wore them to work yesterday, and I asked one of the guys I work with (well, demanded to know, really) whether it was really noticeable. He said he would not have noticed it if I hadn't pointed it out. But then again, he is a guy. You girls know how upsetting it is to deface a pristine shoe!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I don't know of one myself, but I wish I did. I did a similar thing, stepped on a deck in pigalles and the heel went through a crack, but luckily no damage occurred. Let me know if you find a good cobbler here.

Hey Zophie -- thanks for responding! I gave Garden District Shoe Repair a call today, and the woman who answered the phone was not extremely helpful, although she did recognize the name "Louboutin," and she said that Saks refers their customers to them. She told me they do the vibram soles for men's shoes but not for ladies (don't know why) and they put black soles on. So I guess we could buy the red vibrams and bring them in? I'll probably test out a cheap pair first.

I have used the Shoe Doctor on Homestead Ave in Metairie, but only for cheaper shoes and for just replacing the heel taps. I kind of doubt they handle high-end shoes.

So glad your Pigalles did not get damaged! I can't believe I managed to step in that one tiny hole in the floor.

This happens to me all the time and can happen anywhere on the streets, but I hate it most when it happens in my own driveway. I have learned to ignore it and wait until they need a trip to the cobblers for something else, then I have them glued down.

Hey Zophie -- thanks for responding! I gave Garden District Shoe Repair a call today, and the woman who answered the phone was not extremely helpful, although she did recognize the name "Louboutin," and she said that Saks refers their customers to them. She told me they do the vibram soles for men's shoes but not for ladies (don't know why) and they put black soles on. So I guess we could buy the red vibrams and bring them in? I'll probably test out a cheap pair first.

I have used the Shoe Doctor on Homestead Ave in Metairie, but only for cheaper shoes and for just replacing the heel taps. I kind of doubt they handle high-end shoes.

So glad your Pigalles did not get damaged! I can't believe I managed to step in that one tiny hole in the floor.

I'll try them when I need a repair, which I'm sure will happen eventually. I just got lucky stepping on the deck and not having a problem because I felt for sure after my heel slipped in it was ruined. Today I had to walk over a furnace grate in a floor and I stepped completely around it.