Loubies for everyday/work use?

purly

resident knitting nerd
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I have to admit that it's rare for me to wear my Louboutins on weekdays. Mostly I just wear them out on weekends.

But I have been thinking it would be nice to own a few pairs with shorter heels, so I could wear them to work. I know a lot of girls will wear the 4+" heels to work, but I just can't.

Ultimately when I think of all the styles I really like and want, they're too impractical. Those Peniche penny loafer heels would be perfect if they were shorter, same with those light brown Ariella boots.

I'm wondering if anyone else here feels this way? :confused1: What Louboutins do you wear to work?

I wore my magenta simple 85's to work today. I have 2 pair of 85's and they are perfect for work. I have the bruges and they are great and I could walk in them for a while though they are 100's. I think it is because they have the platform and the thicker heel. My pigalle 70's are also very comfortable.

I wore my black patent NP to work today and yesterday I wore my leopard yoyo zeppas. I have a pair of flip flops at work which I switch into when I'm walking around the office. I think I can wear all my CLs to work except the glitters, sequins and satins (anything too fancy).

I wear my VP's, Jaws, Pigalles, Bruges...actually all my CL's, except for the glitters. But it does kill my feet towards the end of the day. I recently gave in and bought a pair of Jaws ballet flats off of Ebay to give my feet a break.

I wore my black patent NP to work today and yesterday I wore my leopard yoyo zeppas. I have a pair of flip flops at work which I switch into when I'm walking around the office. I think I can wear all my CLs to work except the glitters, sequins and satins (anything too fancy).

I'm wearing my glitters to work this Friday. It's my birthday, they'll get over it. :P

I wear almost all my CLs to work but anything with anything 4+ inches I wear flip flops and change when I get in. I prefer to wear my <=85 mm pairs. My favorites are:

1. 70 mm turtle patent pigalle
2. burgundy 70 mm VP with black toe
3. simple 85s - black, beige, and beige greasepaint
4. O My 85s - magenta and camel (selling the camel though)
5. Gold Sing Sing wedges - these are over 85 mm but pretty easy to walk in
6. Wine patent Miss Boxe - also over 85 mm
7. navy Miss Ticks

I end up wearing my lower heel CLs so much more than all the others that I'm starting to think about selling some of my higher heels to be replaced with lower ones. Right now I have my eye on the 85 mm teal patent yoyos with silver toe and metal heel. I wasn't a fan of the metal heel at first but I love the teal/silver color combination.

happy birthday techie!!!!!! :yahoo:

it'd be very weird for me to wear anything above 100mm to work. 100 mm is already really high for my office and people would comment on it nonstop. all the CLs i love though are 100mm and up...including multiple pairs of 120mm VPs...just not as drawn to the lower heels... i've worn my black patent simples 70mm to death and i can imagine wearing 70mms all the time so i should probably get a few more of those. but then i think, CLs are so sexy because of the dramatic heels...if i were getting lower heels to wear to death, why not pay less for cheaper workhorse shoes...but then i don't want to wear those...and then end up buying more high heeled CLs..

I mostly wear my Simples to work. Either a pair of those or my black Piafs. They're all 85mm so I can be on my feet all day and they won't kill me. Occassionally I wear a pair of VPs or NPs but I always get the feeling my coworkers think shoes that high are inappropriate for the work place. So I save those for the weekends.

Rainy- I feel the exact same way!

it'd be very weird for me to wear anything above 100mm to work. 100 mm is already really high for my office and people would comment on it nonstop. all the CLs i love though are 100mm and up...including multiple pairs of 120mm VPs...just not as drawn to the lower heels... i've worn my black patent simples 70mm to death and i can imagine wearing 70mms all the time so i should probably get a few more of those. but then i think, CLs are so sexy because of the dramatic heels...if i were getting lower heels to wear to death, why not pay less for cheaper workhorse shoes...but then i don't want to wear those...and then end up buying more high heeled CLs..

This pretty much sums up my circular logic/dilemma on the matter!