Lottie vs Large Lane

NerdyLisa

Jan 15, 2018
I am considering a KS for my everday purse. Looking at the sale sectiin of the website (even KS is expensive to this high school teacher). Narrowed it down to Lottie or Large Lane. Most of my purses i love are about 12x10, so the smaller dimensions 10.5x7 have me worried, watching YouTube videos it seems like people still fit plenty in the lane though. If you have a Lottie or Lane can you let me know what you think of them? I don't carry much, a long wallet, keys, cell, and lip gloss typically.

Also how durable are they, I am especially worried about the edging on the straps since I have seen that peel off on other bags.

Hi Lisa! I just purchased the Lottie in warm vellum over the weekend. I'm not sure if you know this but as an educator we get 15% off, just have to show your school ID. I went back and forth on the lottie and large lane. I can tell you I have a stacy wallet, card holder, my kate spade agenda, kate spade phone case, and a small cosmetic bag and everything fit in the Lottie. With the Lane, it was packed... now, if I took out my agenda, everything fit nicely. I think you would be fine with the large land since you don't carry as much as I do.

I purchased a Large Lane last year and I would say it is a practical bag. It isn't huge but it can fit quite a bit in. I can fit a large wallet (Lacey), an mini umbrella, phone and charger, little make up bag, passport, keys, reusable shopper bag. It works really well as a day to day bag! It is made of the crosshatched leather (I think the Lottie is the same) so it is generally hard wearing and water-resistant. I have had no problems with my Large Lane.

I recently purchased a Small Lottie in the sale, which would be a cute bag if you didn't carry a lot of things in.

I happen to have both! They are all very durable, functional and cute.

The large Lane can carry significantly more stuff than Lottie; but is still delicate-looking. For my large lane, I can stuff keys, a wallet, iPhone Plus, a book, a umbrella and a light cardigan. So with a large lane, you know you are covered even when you need some extra space.

The Lottie has less capacity, but is big enough for everyday use. It would be hard to put a regular size book in it, especially if it is hard cover. Also cardigan and umbrella, you can only take one not both. But definitely enough room for keys, cellphone, wallet, lipsticks and hand cream etc.

While they are all pretty versatile, Lottie is more formal/dressed-up. You will have no problem to wear it with a cocktail dress.

You can’t go wrong with either. If you can’t decide, just follow your instincts ;)

Reactions: andral5
I can fit a rolled up Time magazine in the Lottie for sure. It's 10.5 inches long. The main thing to watch out for IMO is if you intend to have large objects in the front pocket (there's the front pocket without zipper, zipper compartment, and back pocket without zipper). Taking out a Lacey takes a little bit of care since it could get caught where the leather meets the lining. It is possible to get around this however.