Lost - Season 3

I'm really afraid that this show will spin off into another "X-Files" for me.

That's my fear too, Suli. I want to know if they really do have a large overall plot or if they're just making it up as they go along. If they're just making it up as they go along it could get really ridiculous.

If they're just making it up as they go along it could get really ridiculous.

I don't think they are. The writers and producers have talked about this a lot; that it's not just someone's dream, they're not in a snowglobe...there really is a purpose. Just what that is I'm wayyyy too antsy to wait for.

Wasn't it odd that Fenry/Benry/Henry (whatever you wanna call him) seemed like he was expecting the plane in the beginning after the earthquake? Who is this guy? What does he know???

Too many questions still unanswered

Can someone tell us what happen in this episode of season 3. I am in England and will not get to see it till next year. Last time I saw it was the last one of season 2 where they are tied up on the dock.

Are any of you familiar with a surreal English show from the 60s called The Prisoner? A couple of years ago at a friend's wedding, we met someone who worked in television. Somehow, we got to talking about The Prisoner, and he mentioned that his bosses were talking with writers who wanted to update the show. I wonder if Lost is the updated version of The Prisoner?

The writers of Lost have always said that they have a definite timeline for the show, and that all the "supernatural" events that have happened so far are scientifically explainable. Judging from the season premiere, the show looks like it is moving from the supernatural to the scientific with The Others coming into play.

This seems like a juicy season to me. I had actually watched the 2nd season DVD in a course of a week so I would be "caught" up by the season premiere. Finished the last episode on the 2nd season 15min before the start of the 3rd season!

That's my fear too, Suli. I want to know if they really do have a large overall plot or if they're just making it up as they go along. If they're just making it up as they go along it could get really ridiculous.

I always thought they read other LOST forums and built episodes around it.
I couldn't believe it about the polar bears! The first 5 minutes! We are so in for a bumpy ride this season.

Doesn't Lost come from the same people Alias came from?
I really loved the first couple seasons of Alias, but then it just got ridiculous and it started repeating itself :sad: I hope it's not the same people :/

I hope it doesn't go Twin Peaks/X-Files either!!

Although, they are going just fast enough to not make me abandon them... for now.

Way too many commercials and I am glad they stopped the 20 minute recaps at the begining.

I think this will be the BEST season!

Aside from the first 5 minute the rest of the hour was actually a drag.
I am starting to lose track of how many outstanding questions that are still left unanswered. I give it a few more episodes before I give up completely.

Ok so this is my first season to watch Lost- I am tired of everyone telling me I need to watch- so I gave in! :smile:

So I can't wait for next week! I am utterly confused and think I'm going to rent the first two seasons and hava marathon this weekend!

But did I miss something? Why is everyone talking about the first 5 minutes? I thought that was a flashback to the first two seasons and not something new? YOu are talking about the book review scene right?