Lost Parrot Recites Its Name & Address - WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinirdhd

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
This is too cute - had to share!

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/lost-parrot-tells-vet-his-address/20080521075109990001

Lost Parrot Tells Vet His Address

AP
Posted: 2008-05-21 13:28:12
Filed Under: Weird News
TOKYO (May 21) - When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught - recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.

Photo Gallery

Kyodo News / AP

Animals
In the News

After flying out of his cage near Tokyo and getting lost, Yosuke the parrot wound up in a veterinary hospital, where he told a vet his name and home address.

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

"I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura," the bird told the veterinarian, according to Uemura. The parrot also provided his full home address, down to the street number, and even entertained the hospital staff by singing songs.

"We checked the address, and what do you know, a Nakamura family really lived there. So we told them we've found Yosuke," Uemura said.

The Nakamura family told police they had been teaching the bird its name and address for about two years.

But Yosuke apparently wasn't keen on opening up to police officials.

"I tried to be friendly and talked to him, but he completely ignored me," Uemura said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2008-05-21 07:51:18

Status
Not open for further replies.