Lost package

vilette21c

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
I ordered the LV reverse double zip pochette and didn't receive my package. I noticed my package came a day earlier than the original date when it got shipped. Checked my porch, no sign of package; didn't sign for any package. Weird that this package didn't require any signature considering it's over 1K. I called customer service and had to reorder the same bag (last one and now it is out of stock). Never happened to me before and was wondering how this is resolved. LV told me that they'll reach out within 14 days. Anyone else experienced this? What was your outcome? I'm trying not to panic since a lot of people have been knocking on our doors lately. I wonder if any of them would take anything. Sigh.

My most recent package was delivered at 10pm. No knock, nothing. Luckily it was still there next morning!

check your carrier tracking and see if they noted obtaining a signature, etc. and maybe call them too?

Reactions: vilette21c
I put a very similar post to this a few days ago about UPS leaving parcels at my door without checking for receipt. My post got moved out this forum so no one saw it :confused1: Luckily I have received all the parcels that were abandoned at my doorstep. Not sure LV would be happy with this.

On the UPS website, they mention not requiring signatures due to COVID. Mine still knocks and waits for me to wave at him through the window, though. FedEx is doing the same right now.

Hopefully customers who experience losses due to the covid delivery change (no signature) are not held responsible for stolen parcels left on doorsteps.

My PSM said out for delivery by 9pm. I went to bed at 9:30pm - no package. Delivered at 10pm and no knock or doorbell. I would have had a meltdown if it was not there in the morning!

My UPS driver never ever gets a signature for anything, covid-time or not. Sometimes the package will say delivered and get delivered the next day on the route. I think b/c of covid they are mainly doing contactless delivery. You won't be held responsible - you ultimately didn't sign for it so it's good you're being calm. Not much you can really do except wait for the new box :smile:

Thanks, everyone. I feel a lot less anxious now. Hopefully, they found the package. It's been record breaking heat here in Tampa, Florida and even if the package shows up, I will just return it because the possibility of it being exposed to heat if it's been sitting somewhere will compromise the bag's quality. My new package will show up today so I'm looking out my window like clockwork. :smile:

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
My brother ordered me a gift from LV. UPS left a delivery notice, he went to the depot to pick it up and they told him it had already been returned to sender. He asked why..they agreed it was odd. He called LV, the said to wait until they get the package back and they'll ship it out again. 3 UPS claims and 3 months later..they had to assume it was stolen by and employee somewhere along the way. They had to give him a refund because the item itself was no longer available. He was SUPER upset because it was supposed to be a bday gift for me.
Last week I ordered the men's reverse pochette, UPS delivered it..but I noticed now the description of the item on the sticker says "luxury handbag" uhhh clearly that shouldn't be on there, to stop these exact things from happening.

UPS can be so weird with stuff like this. I've had stuff say "delivered" and then show up days later. About a month ago I ordered something directly from LV and they just left the box downstairs in the lobby of my building :shocked: and never notified me. My apartment complex has a clubhouse with package lockers, a leasing office, etc where UPS normally leaves packages...but this was just thrown downstairs. Thankfully I was tracking it like a crazy person and was able to find it. Most recently I ordered a bag from Fashionphile (also sent via UPS, signature required, was supposed to come today) and I got a "sorry we missed you" notice on my door...I was home the entire day. They're supposed to come back tomorrow but I can't stand all of this back and forth, especially with things that are so expensive!

Reactions: Sartorialista
I like the convenience of ordering from the website, but I always have my items delivered to the closest store. I pick up in-store so that I can inspect the item(s) and avoid the headache of resending to the warehouse in case a defect is spotted.

Reactions: allison7
Ever since this COVID thing, FedEx, UPS, and Amazon haven't really been ringing my doorbell - maybe only a handful of times since March. Even when I was waiting for my bag to be delivered by DHL, they were supposed to require my signature, so I waited for them to ring my door, and when I opened the door to sign for my package, they were already gone. I thought I read or heard somewhere that luxury stores are supposed to be more discreet with their packaging and not leave their name on the shipping labels to help prevent theft.

I wish they would consider a discreet shipping option. Unfortunately some of these employees are giving the carriers a bad name. I was expecting an LV delivery today and received notification that when the package arrived to the local hub yesterday item was damaged and all contents were missing! This is unbelievable.

I wish they would consider a discreet shipping option. Unfortunately some of these employees are giving the carriers a bad name. I was expecting an LV delivery today and received notification that when the package arrived to the local hub yesterday item was damaged and all contents were missing! This is unbelievable.
That's just awful. It kinda makes me think twice about ordering online directly from a boutique.
So sorry for your misfortune. Any idea of how you're going to resolve this?

That's just awful. It kinda makes me think twice about ordering online directly from a boutique.
So sorry for your misfortune. Any idea of how you're going to resolve this?
I sent an e-mail to the store yesterday letting them know about the ups notification. After doing some research I found out that although the tracking info says they will contact the seller sometimes that is not done. Hopefully I won’t have any issues with the requested refund since the package didn’t make it to me - stolen in transit. Makes me hesitate with online ordering - especially if shipping is through UPS. That’s unfortunate.