Lost my wallet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvmk

Oct 5, 2014
I lost my Taiga Pocket Organizer. It also had my Starbucks Gold Card, AMEX Platinum, debit card, work ID, driver's license, business cards, and $70 cash. I'm so sad. Any suggestions? Should I just buy a new one and move on???

And I already cancelled all the cards except for the Starbucks.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that. Call your insurance company and see if your policy covers it and your items. If this particular wallet met your needs and you were happy with, by all means, replace it. :tup:

I am unsure why you would need to list the contents of your wallet on a public forum (saying "credit cards" would have sufficed, so it's very weird that you would specify your Amex Platinum, for any other reason than to brag). I'm sorry you lost your wallet, it can make you feel vulnerable, but all that information you listed would only need to be given to a police officer for a statement. The odds of you getting your wallet back with all the contents still in it are almost nonexistent, unfortunately, so yes, time to buy a new wallet!

Reactions: Ellezee
Really sorry to hear you lost your wallet. Main thing is, you cancelled your cards.
If there is no chance of you getting it back, I think you should buy a new one and move on.
Good luck.

Please let there be peace here,she lost her wallet and her belongings and is already very sad.This forum and the threads here are not judgemental,that's the only reason we all are here.Do not post negative comments.
Don't like it?Just don't reply!

Sorry you found it negative. Someone specifying their exact credit cards on the internet on a public forum is just not safe or advisable, and I didn't see what relevance it had. I expressed my sympathy for the OP. There's a possibility that in her sadness over losing it she didn't stop to think it isn't a good idea to list he types of credit cards you have. That's all.

Reactions: Ellezee
sorry for you! and if you have money in your starbucks card, and if it resisted,you can call starbucks and they can transfer the money to your account

Sorry this happened to you. I know how you feel. Years ago, my wallet got stolen sadly in an office I rarely visited. I was so mad because it also had my spare car key in addition to cash and cards. It's so unfortunate but you should just move on. For me, I loved that wallet so much that I got the same one as a replacement. Getting the new wallet, even if it was the same one helped and I was happy. Eight years later, still have it.

You can make this a positive situation somehow... perhaps get a new organizer :smile:

I lost my Taiga Pocket Organizer. It also had my Starbucks Gold Card, AMEX Platinum, debit card, work ID, driver's license, business cards, and $70 cash. I'm so sad. Any suggestions? Should I just buy a new one and move on???

And I already cancelled all the cards except for the Starbucks.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what the question is unless you happen to know roughly where you lost it and think there might be a chance of finding it again. If so, might be worth holding on a few days to see if it turns up. I once lost a LV MC PTI wallet - someone found it and then dropped it into a Post Box (after removing all the cash; there were no useful cards it in). It was recovered by the Post Office and handed into the police station who contacted me to collect it (it had my driver's licence in it). That wallet was fated though as it was stolen about 5 years later!

Anyway, if it has gone for good then they still make it so get a new one - sounds like you used it a lot.

Please let there be peace here,she lost her wallet and her belongings and is already very sad.This forum and the threads here are not judgemental,that's the only reason we all are here.Do not post negative comments.
Don't like it?Just don't reply!

+1. Sorry OP you lost your wallet. Take this as an opportunity to replace it with something new you can love. Maybe not the same wallet as it may be a constant reminder of the one you lost.

Reactions: misstrine85
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your wallet and that some of the comments on your thread have been less than supportive, whether intentional or not. Try waiting a few days and see if it turns up, but if not then it's time to replace but maybe with a different model or colour for a fresh start. I had a similar event happen to me and found that the identical replacement just didn't make me as happy as the original, but fell in love again when I opted for something different but equally functional. Best of luck to you!

Sorry you experienced the loss....I've walked out of restaurants twice leaving my wallet behind but fortunately honest folks turned my wallet in. If there is no chance on recovering your wallet, if you need a new one immediately then by all means by yourself a new wallet. My biggest concern would be the license. Such a pain to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.