lost my mind? contemplating dye-ing suede boots...

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
i am going to DIE soon (ok a little bit of an exaggeration there) if i cannot find the ariella clou boots in black leather in size 37....

mushroom city has the ones in fuschia suede with gold studs in size 37 available...

the thought is crossing my mind to just buy them, and take to cobblers to have the suede dyed to black??? AM I LOSING MY MIND?!?!?!!! :noggin::wtf: is this even possible, without ruining the studs, and soles???

has anyone ever dyed their CLs before (my guess is no sane person...)?

tell me i am nuts and i must exert patience and wait for the real ones to show up on feebay one day...

you can dye suede very easily, just make sure you go to a trused cobbler whose dying work you've seen.

**my mind if a bit foggy right now so please excuse the fact that I can't remember the screen-name** but recently a tPFer dyed a pair of satin CLs green. They looked fantastic

Speaking of dying boots.....This is a crazy question, but could PONYHAIR be dyed black?? Everytime I see those Alta Ariella's Leopard ponyhairs at such a good price, I wonder about this.....

Speaking of dying boots.....This is a crazy question, but could PONYHAIR be dyed black?? Everytime I see those Alta Ariella's Leopard ponyhairs at such a good price, I wonder about this.....

Good question!
Especially since I just accidentally bought a pair. :P (If you'd asked me yesterday I'd say that the leopard would be a bit too much for me, but now I guess I'll just have to find a way to pull it off :P :shame:smile:

mmhh i am with you on the search for the black alta arielas!!
but, wouldn't the dye hurt the studs?? if i remember correctly, the studs on mushroom city's fuchsia altas were gold...what if they turned black or got rubbed the wrong way with the dye, etc...?? that would be my only concern!

yeah i was a little worried about the studs... i will have to take a picture to my cobbler and see what he thinks, whether it will be possible...

as for dye-ing ponyhair, i don't see why not?

There's a 36 on Ebay right now, I'm wondering if it's possible to strectch them a half size or so ?

A x

aeross, thank you so much for looking out for me... believe me, i am thinking the same exact thing... i have no idea how the ariella clou fits though.... do they run small? it may be too tight with socks.... ughhhhhhhhh

WHY NEVER IN MY SIZE?!?!?!?!?!!!!