Lost my MAC....to Mom!

Lexie, thats such a great story!! It's extremely caring and generous of you to think of your mum and gift her with a perfect purse! Nothing like a gorgeous purse to raise her spirits and help her get by each day a bit easier.

As for new MACs, all chain straps will be reinforced but the clasps are different and aren't able to be looped through. From three sirens and lunaboston, there seems to be a huge range of colours for spring pre-orders. Best wishes to your mum, and to you for finding a new MAC so you and your mum can be bag twins ;)

I would like to get that Royal Blue one but I am on hold until I hear back from RM. I can't buy a bag that the strap will break and then I will have no replacement. From what Codi said, it seems maybe there is a slight problem because the Royal Blue wasn't widely produced so she is "looking into" on seeing what they can do. That kind of response scares me because if I have a MAC that strap breaks and I can't get a replacement, then the bag is worthless.
Good to know that Spring will have MACS too with good straps.

I am calling LB tomorrow to see if they know what will be coming in the Spring and when. Does anyone know of any definite colors for Spring MACS? Also that way if anything happened I wouldn't have to deal with RM at all and I could just let LB take care of it.

I know this thread is old but we took Mom out to eat tonight and she is carrying her MAC bag. (All 50.00 of it...LOL). She loves it because she can carry her cane and her hands are free. She say's it so "elegant" looking and she loves the gold hardware. She says she can tell it's a quality bag. This isn't saying much from someone who hasn't carried anything but a Walmart type bag all her life...LOL

The Pic is bad via my cell phone and Mom has a bulky Winter Coat on but you can make out the outline of her bag. I just wanted to show you all. Do you think there are many other 74 year olds with a RM bag? If you know of any with mobility problems, this bag is the answer to their problems.

akituf.jpg

Lexie my mom is the SAME WAY. I remember one time I bought these Marc Jacobs sunglasses and I told her it was $50 when really it was $100 something. She was like, "Oh my god that's so expensive! You really do spend too much money!!"

I'm sure you'll find a new MAC that you'll love! Afterall, good karma will always be rewarded. :yes:

Last edited:
Lexie my mom is the SAME WAY. I remember one time I bought these Marc Jacobs sunglasses and I told her it was $50 when really it was $100 something. She was like, "Oh my god that's so expensive! You really do spend too much money!!"

I'm sure you'll find a new MAC that you'll love! Afterall, good karma will always be rewarded. :yes:

Mom would REFUSE to carry this bag if she knew it cost 325.00. Well, I got this one on ebay for 309.00. Mom refuses to buy "I can't believe it's not butter" because it's a sin that it costs so much. So I buy her tubs of it...LOL And it's a fight to take her out to eat. Tonight she asked the cost of the crabcakes and refused to order them when she heard 17.50. Even though we insist she gets whatever she wants. It's the way she grew up, in a hard working lower middle class family who had 7 children.

Mom loves the leather on my Prada (my avatar) and she said she knows I must have spent more than 400 on it....(Gulp). If only she knew what I pay for some of my bags.

Mom would REFUSE to carry this bag if she knew it cost 325.00. Well, I got this one on ebay for 309.00. Mom refuses to buy "I can't believe it's not butter" because it's a sin that it costs so much. So I buy her tubs of it...LOL And it's a fight to take her out to eat. Tonight she asked the cost of the crabcakes and refused to order them when she heard 17.50. Even though we insist she gets whatever she wants. It's the way she grew up, in a hard working lower middle class family who had 7 children.

Mom loves the leather on my Prada (my avatar) and she said she knows I must have spent more than 400 on it....(Gulp). If only she knew what I pay for some of my bags.

This is such a coincidence on two levels! I had crab cakes today at the Wharf and I was like, "$4.99 for this little thing??" But I ordered and ate it anyway :graucho:. Secondly, my mom doesn't like to eat out either AND my mom came from a family of seven as well!! But I'm assuming it's because your mom and my mom were part of the baby boomer generation. On a side note however, maybe we should follow our mothers and use the money we would have used to go out to eat on buying a brand new handbag!!