Lost My Cell Phone--What to Do?

Definatly install a security on the next phone! I downloaded something on my blackberry that tracks it via gps, locks it out, and makes a loud scream noise if its lost.

The funny thing is I had an app called Wheres My Droid which is supposed to send you GPS coordinates of where your phone is and make loud sounds. But I texted my password to my phone and nothing! I guess the app is not very useful when you really need it.

Sorry about your phone. I wouldn't worry too much about other people reading your life...since they barely know you. Hope you didn't have any naked pix there. That's my only worry....what if a stranger upload my most private life online.
So what did you end up buying?

Nooo no naked pics lol..just a lot of pics of my cat that i cant get back ever now, my bf and i, my family...it just sucks! Plus all those pics were saved to the memory card inside the phone so even if the person did a reset or whatever, they can still see all the pics from my memory card.

I'm using my G1 phone for now which is my old phone before I got the MyTouch. I'm on the hunt for an iphone though...

Yes, lost my Palm Pre once I think my youngest son threw it out of the wagon while taking him for a stroll. I tried calling me and my DH no answer then it just went into voicemail. However, my gut feelings told me to try and call my phone 4 days later the person that found it went and got a charger and was using my phone it started ringing again.

I contacted the police regarding my phone made a report and disconnected the services.
The carrier did not charge me for the calls. My DH had advised me to put a lock code on my phone which is placed on my new phone. I was so upset because all my kids pics was on the phone thats what really had me boiling!

Sorry you lost your phone my advice disconnect the service.

BTW if the person tries to have it reactivated I do believe a code will alert stolen phone.

Oh yeah then the scariest part was the individual started calling my contacts and giving his bill collectors my telephone numbers the police did track him down!

Last edited: