Lost My Baby

Nikki_

O.G.
May 8, 2012
My Siberian Husky crossed the Rainbow Bridge right after the Holidays. She was a few months shy of turning 13 years. I had gotten her through several bouts of pancreatitis over the past two years and a plethora of other health problems. I knew when the time had come.

I've come here for advice from time to time regarding her ailing health and have always been thankful for the support and advice given.

I would've posted about her a few months ago but have been dealing with an extremely ill parent. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? I feel like I haven't had time to grieve as there seems to be so much going on until today... it hit me like a rock.

I miss waking up in the mornings with her paw on my arm, waking me up.
I miss going to bed and her lying by me.
I miss talking to her and having her head cocked looking back at me with those gorgeous ocean blue eyes.
I miss my friend.

She's gone and I miss her terribly. :crybaby:

Oh Nikki, I am so, so sorry. But you're right, when it rains, it pours.

I know how much it hurts to lose them, it's a pain that never completely goes away. But it does lessen with time, and eventually we can think about them and smile instead of cry.

Hugs hun, We're all here for you :sad:

A beautiful Girl to keep for ever in your Heart, a Lot of memories and Love. All the best for you... With Tears in my Eyes i Write this as i remember to have been in the Same Place Five years ago when i Had to let go my dog Girl.
They Are forever in our hearts...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful dog. I love all dogs, but this breed is especially regal to me.

You must've been an amazing furmom to her--13 is a long time for a large breed.. We've had dogs with pancreatitis and it can be deadly. Hugs.

View attachment 3297448

My Siberian Husky crossed the Rainbow Bridge right after the Holidays. She was a few months shy of turning 13 years. I had gotten her through several bouts of pancreatitis over the past two years and a plethora of other health problems. I knew when the time had come.

I've come here for advice from time to time regarding her ailing health and have always been thankful for the support and advice given.

I would've posted about her a few months ago but have been dealing with an extremely ill parent. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? I feel like I haven't had time to grieve as there seems to be so much going on until today... it hit me like a rock.

I miss waking up in the mornings with her paw on my arm, waking me up.
I miss going to bed and her lying by me.
I miss talking to her and having her head cocked looking back at me with those gorgeous ocean blue eyes.
I miss my friend.

She's gone and I miss her terribly. :crybaby:

Hi:smile: Huge hugs and kisses to you. My heart goes out to you. I hope when you close your eyes you can see her and know she is still with you. I am going through a difficult time with my 6 year old sweet baby, Hero. The vet found two large tumors in his throat when they cleaned his teeth a week ago. I am praying for the best.

I saw your post and really hope you get through this difficult time and know we are all here for you:smile:

Hi Nikki, I feel really sad for you..... she is such a beautiful and I'm sure highly intelligent friend to you. I hope you will feel better soon and find solace knowing she has gone to a better place.... pls take care.

Sent from my SM-N920I using PurseForum mobile app

Thank you all for your support and compassion. I wanted to respond yesterday but my heart was just too heavy and I didn't want to saturate my keyboard with tears. :cry:

I've lost dogs in the past but this loss was especially hard, I think she mastered the art of knowing how to tug at my heart strings. I have 2 other dogs but for some reason, the house still feels "empty" if that makes sense. I'm sure in time my heart will heal.

Thank you all again, you're a wonderful group of ladies.