Lost Half of Cartier Love Bracelet!

Laz0409

O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
I'm so devastated - I know there are other threads on the forum about this, but I stack my bracelets so the screws come loose. I lost HALF of my bracelet on my front porch and have no idea where the other half is. I searched the trash, bought a metal detector to look through the yard, even looked at the kitty litter! It has completely disappeared.

That being said, does anyone know someone who sells only HALF of them? I have a size 17 gold, new screw system. I don't want to do it through Cartier if possible because I know they charge around $4k. I found some on ebay for around $2k, but they are rose gold.

I know this has happened to other people so there have to be other halves out there for sale! I am still so upset and am hoping it turns up.

I can’t help either...but I too am sorry. I stack mine as well and it fell off 2 times the first 4 months I had it. I ended up getting a new one from Cartier...that being said, I am probably telling you something you don’t want to hear, but did you insure it? I have all mine insured now...and I’ll also add, my old (lock system) love has NEVER come off! I wish they would go back to old screws! Good luck- don’t let this upset you more than you have...if you get another one- insure it and forget it!

I can’t help either...but I too am sorry. I stack mine as well and it fell off 2 times the first 4 months I had it. I ended up getting a new one from Cartier...that being said, I am probably telling you something you don’t want to hear, but did you insure it? I have all mine insured now...and I’ll also add, my old (lock system) love has NEVER come off! I wish they would go back to old screws! Good luck- don’t let this upset you more than you have...if you get another one- insure it and forget it!
What's the difference between the old & new lock system

What's the difference between the old & new lock system
Hi, the old lock system- the first difference is the screws come out completely. The 2 arms both have a hole and those 2 holes overlap completely and the screw goes through both to secure.
The new system the screw stays attached, but the screw acts as a sort of pressure hold- not actually binding 2 holes together. Hope this makes sense.

I hope you found the other half!! Give us an update when you can.

Also, question for OP and anyone generally who has had a regular size love bracelet fall off, were you wearing your bracelet as stacked or by itself? I have a small love and would like to add the regular with diamonds next year as a persona milestone. I don’t think they would touch each other much as I’ll get it in the same size but should I not bother since I’ll be stacking? At first I never thought I would get a classic Love for this exact reason and while I do love my small I feel like it needs a friend!! Any stories or info are much appreciated (:

I hope you found the other half!! Give us an update when you can.

Also, question for OP and anyone generally who has had a regular size love bracelet fall off, were you wearing your bracelet as stacked or by itself? I have a small love and would like to add the regular with diamonds next year as a persona milestone. I don’t think they would touch each other much as I’ll get it in the same size but should I not bother since I’ll be stacking? At first I never thought I would get a classic Love for this exact reason and while I do love my small I feel like it needs a friend!! Any stories or info are much appreciated (:

I have both, and they do touch each other constantly, more often than not.

The classic whether alone or stacked will have a tendency to have loose screw(s) due to natural vibrations of arm movement, but I believe the tendency for loose screws is higher when stacked due to more vibrations.

On my classic, I have one screw that becomes loose and does a half turn while the other one seems to be tightened well and doesn’t budge. Overall, I think I am lucky to not have both loose or the screws moving more, but I also check mine several times a day and every night.

I started with the small also, but most people on this forum know what they are talking about, and I soon found out that the small really does need a companion.

I much prefer the classic over the small, regardless of the higher chances of loose screws.

Hi,
both my old screw and new screw Loves are classic (wider). the fit on me means they move up and down my arm- so they are always touching/ tapping each other. I am sure that it is the vibration of the 2 tapping that allows the new locking system to dislodge. (the old locking system still NEVER loosens)...So you need to constantly check (every other day or so). The new Love drive me bonkers to be honest- BUT, I would absolutely buy them again! AND, I want to get a third! Just get them well insured.

Reactions: Noyerx