Losing it...need advice please!

Jul 16, 2006
Hi all, I guess I could use some advice...

I've been lusting over the elusive Hermes Bolide in red for over 2 years now, but as it is sooooooo expensive I cannot afford to buy it now. As I love red bags and 'needed' one I got a Mulberry mini Mabel as a small graduation present from my aunt and mother. I loved the colour and the leather, but not the style, so I bought a small MJ Multipocket in red (cheap at $100) and a red Mulberry Ledbury to fit my need for a red bag I love.

The Mabel had to go, so I put it on ebay (my mum and auntie didn't mind at all, luckily). It didn't sell, so I approached lovehandbags.co.uk, a reputable reseller and fantastic to work with. They gave me a quote on my bag and I decided to exchange it with them for a red Prada pushlock.

The Prada arrived and I love it, but when I posted it on here some doubts arose considering its authenticity. I now find myself with a terrible problem: none of the TPF'ers at the AT Prada thread can tell me for sure if this bag is 100% authentic. If I return it to the seller (which is no problem, they are great to deal with) I can get either my money back (which is not much), or my Mulberry Mabel (don't want that), or another bag (they don't have any I fancy), or store credit...Now my mother has shown interest in the Prada and wants to 'buy' it from me (no way am I going to accept money from my mother for this bag - she can have it if the wants), but the thing is that I'm not sure if she truly loves it or just wants to take it of my hands. What should I do? I don't want her to have something she doesn't truly love just to help me out...

Also, I've come accross a lovely vintage Hermes Bolide on ebay that I can afford (was authenticated here on TPF), but I'm afraid I will forever doubt its authenticity or that it'll not be as nice as in the pictures...In other words, the whole buying pre-loved experience with the Prada has put me off a bit. Should I just stop buying other bags and save up for a new Bolide? Or take a chance on the vintage one? It is much cheaper than a new one (2000 euro instead of a whopping 4500 for a new one). No other bag I've owned or seen since I've tried the Bolide in the boutique has made my heart jump like that...

So, advice please!

You need a red Bolide, obviously!:biggrin:

I've had very good experiences with lovehandbags.co.uk and I believe that all their bags are authentic. I am no expert though.

I've admired that red pushlock for quite some time(!) but went for a Prada black boarskin bag in the end which I am very happy with.

I'm not an ebayer/Bonanzler, so perhaps I am not the best person to listen to. I do know that a lot of the Mulberry girls have had many dealings with lovehandbags, so a search there might be helpful?

But if you've any doubt and would feel happier returning it, especially as you've spied an authenticated red Bolide:graucho:, I'd probably return it....

IS the Bolide seller on the recommended sellers' list as well as authenticated by tpf H ladies? If so, I would feel confident.

There are some H resellers I have dealt with who are impeccable in reputation, it was a pleasure doing business with them. PM me if you want their ebay etc names.

If the H ladies felt very good about the bag, I would feel comfortable about it.

I have had bags authenticated there several times, and when I eventually resold them, they were indeed authentic.

I think you should get your dream bag - the red Bolide!
Otherwise you will keep getting "filler" bags to fill the void when you could have just had the right bag from the start (this is what happened to me). Sell the Prada, get the used Bolide if from a reputable seller.

I think you should get your dream bag - the red Bolide!
Otherwise you will keep getting "filler" bags to fill the void when you could have just had the right bag from the start (this is what happened to me). Sell the Prada, get the used Bolide if from a reputable seller.

Thanks ladies, I guess the obvious answer is that I need a Bolide...But I will go for a new one - I've sort of calculated I can sort of afford it by the time it arrives in the store (order in July, 6 months manufacture = arrival in January 2011). But now the Prada...should I return it to Love Handbags and get some money out of it, or put it on ebay? Is that fair to Love Handbags?

Thanks ladies, I guess the obvious answer is that I need a Bolide...But I will go for a new one - I've sort of calculated I can sort of afford it by the time it arrives in the store (order in July, 6 months manufacture = arrival in January 2011). But now the Prada...should I return it to Love Handbags and get some money out of it, or put it on ebay? Is that fair to Love Handbags?

If the seller has a great return policy, return it. Every penny helps towards the Bolide. If you enjoy doing ebay, do ebay (I'm a lot of help, eh?)

^haha, that's just the way I've been thinking all day, going back and forth between the options. In the end, I just think it is unfair to the seller to ebay it. I've contacted them and will be returning the Prada. My mother has found a lovely Mulberry bag on their website she fancies, so after having it authenticated on here I'll get it for her as an early birthday present...