Loro Piana

Dec 27, 2007
What do you all think of Loro Piana bags? I have two, the Globe and the Multi grain satchel. Superb quality, many say similar to Hermes! Thing is, i am struggling with them, they are practical, hard wearing, etc etc, but well, i dont know if it's the contrast whit e stitching, or what but i just think they're a little boring or staid or something! I can't really put my finger on it - I have chanels and balenciaga and am thinking of getting a BV Montaigne but would have to sell the Loro Pianas to fund it. Comments please, are they kind of old ladyish, or simply stylish, are they chic? Please help!!

Before purchasing my Gucci bags, I checked them out and thought they were classic bags that would remain in style forever. I did not buy one because due to the type of leather they use, they are very heavy! I would expect to see the bags worn on a mid age woman due to style and price. That said, it is really personal preference. The montaigne is a gorgeous, classic bag that is less than half the weight of a LP. Because you own Bals and Chanels, BV would be more in line with your taste. BV's are hip as well as classic, and out of the three, the least stylish in terms of hardware. An LP is a bag that one keeps in their wardrobe as a workhorse since it is virtually indestructable and probably would be great for travel and inclement weather.

I know. I was of no help to you. Sorry but if it means anything, LP's are beautiful timeless bags that are just heavy!

They are beautiful!!!!! I don't know which I like more! I prefer the tan because it has a zip top closure and two front pockets and looks very functional and versatile. At the same time, that color green is beautiful. Again, sorry! I shouldn't have answered this thread. Hopefully someone will be more objective and helpful!

Thing is...i read all those posts about how super LP is quality wise and stuff....and I look and think how could i be thinking of selling these....but then i look at them and think they're just so conservative and i know they're similar to H bags but its just something not quite so.....and i dont even know what it is? Help!!!

^^Ok. My suggestion is to keep one and sell the other. This way you will always own one. With the money you receive, treat yourself to a BV Montaigne. I think you will be a lot happier! Please don't ask me which you should sell! I actually like both! If I had to pick, I would probably say the green only because it is too open a top for me personally. Good luck!!!

BTW, I don't know of anyone who was sorry after they purchased a BV! I bought the veneta and LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is...i read all those posts about how super LP is quality wise and stuff....and I look and think how could i be thinking of selling these....but then i look at them and think they're just so conservative and i know they're similar to H bags but its just something not quite so.....and i dont even know what it is? Help!!!
i love loro piana and the quality is fantastic but they are heavy and not a great drop and the globe does not have a zipper. all that said it is really a personal choice. seems like they are not for you right now and you want to try bv. i have never had a montaigne but bv quality is great and most are very light.

just read in the bv sub that bv is having a price increase may 6th so buy before-

I feel that the quality of LP bags is superior by a little bit in comparison to Tods. However, I think that Tods is more practically designed than LP - they have shoulder straps, zippers, pockets, while LP not so much. I do love the LP leather, although it is very heavy!