Loro Piana

CrackBerryCream

The Edge of Glory
O.G.
Oct 26, 2012
After reading about LP shoes countless times on specific meme pages I got curious. Does anyone own the Open Walks or Summer Walks? (especially looking for replies from the ladies :biggrin:)
Is the cut on the narrow side, regular or wide? Are they worth the splurge?

Don't have a LP store anywhere near me...

After reading about LP shoes countless times on specific meme pages I got curious. Does anyone own the Open Walks or Summer Walks? (especially looking for replies from the ladies :biggrin:)
Is the cut on the narrow side, regular or wide? Are they worth the splurge?

Don't have a LP store anywhere near me...

What’s the meme? My friend got the summer walks in Monaco three years ago and he found them super comfy. (Can’t help with the female perspective though)

Reactions: CrackBerryCream
There are a couple of rich kid parody IG accounts constantly using the open walks in their memes (i.e. @narpymemes, @supersluttysnake). Some examples (but probably not the most hilarious, sometimes the open walks are mentioned in the captions):

The construction of the LP Open/Summer walks is pretty average, while the leather is pretty good. You'll still want to waterproof spray the suede though. It is light and comfortable to walk in as it's in suede. Other brands are also offering a very similar style, for example Brunello Cucinelli and Santoni - these two are also very light and comfortable to walk in.

In my opinion - not worth the splurge, as very few people would recognize the style (if you care about that) and there are many cheaper alternatives that are offering the exact same look.

That being said, the "better" constructed loafers wouldn't be as comfortable to walk in.

Reactions: CrackBerryCream
Thank you! I have wide feet and most shoes are uncomfortable and/or will widen at the front and then look bad... I'd pay extra for comfort, but not for looks (anymore). Have too many unworn pretty shoes standing around...

The construction of the LP Open/Summer walks is pretty average, while the leather is pretty good. You'll still want to waterproof spray the suede though. It is light and comfortable to walk in as it's in suede. Other brands are also offering a very similar style, for example Brunello Cucinelli and Santoni - these two are also very light and comfortable to walk in.

In my opinion - not worth the splurge, as very few people would recognize the style (if you care about that) and there are many cheaper alternatives that are offering the exact same look.

That being said, the "better" constructed loafers wouldn't be as comfortable to walk in.