Loro Piana bags/ Globe

Jun 16, 2007
Hi all, I'm a longtime Hermes fan, but over the years as they've become more ubiquitous I've been looking for bags under the radar. Have purchased some secondhand Loro Piana bags (Globe, Odessa) and have fallen in love with the buttery leathers, quality, and understated designs. The quality to me ranks right there with my Hermes bags. The only posts I can find on these bags are older, I assume from when the bags were more in vogue? I get the impression that they've long been discontinued.

Can anyone give me a bit more information on these styles?

Hi all, I'm a longtime Hermes fan, but over the years as they've become more ubiquitous I've been looking for bags under the radar. Have purchased some secondhand Loro Piana bags (Globe, Odessa) and have fallen in love with the buttery leathers, quality, and understated designs. The quality to me ranks right there with my Hermes bags. The only posts I can find on these bags are older, I assume from when the bags were more in vogue? I get the impression that they've long been discontinued.

Can anyone give me a bit more information on these styles?

Those bags are from the pre-LVMH era. (2013 acquisition)

As you have noted, they are beautifully made and have lovely leather linings. They were made in regular leather and exotic leathers and were offered each season in new colour schemes.

Post-lvmh, Loro Piana still produces lovely bags at very competitive price points (4000$ for ostrich crossbody).

• Love
Reactions: Noelle2259 and 880
Those bags are from the pre-LVMH era. (2013 acquisition)

As you have noted, they are beautifully made and have lovely leather linings. They were made in regular leather and exotic leathers and were offered each season in new colour schemes.

Post-lvmh, Loro Piana still produces lovely bags at very competitive price points (4000$ for ostrich crossbody).
Thank you! I'm actually happy to know they are pre-LVMH....when LP was still basically a family-owned company. I hadn't even considered that.

I just found this one, and I’m wondering what the style is called...any ideas? I’m in LOVE with it!View attachment 4984391View attachment 4984391

I reached out to Loro Piana directly, and they said this is from their 2007 collection, called a Jim Bag, and the exterior is genuine ostrich with 100% dyed calfskin trim, and 100% lambskin...it's SO glorious! I'm in love!

A friend bought an LP hobo bag about three years ago and it didn't hold up well at all. It was similar to the hobo bag they're selling now. I really liked the Globe bag and think it was a mistake to discontinue it. I also liked the Lune bag and almost bought it -- when I went back a few months later, it had also been discontinued. :sad:

Reactions: isandie