L'Oreal Translucide - Comparable Foundation Out There?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just loved L'Oreal Translucide foundation ... a perfect finish with some glow/shimmer and oil free (and a nice medium coverage!). Of course, it's been long discontinued. I have spent years trying different foundations that I love as much as that one, and nothing has compared.

Does anyone know of a foundation (drugstore or department) that would give a similar finish and be oil free? I have tried foundations that are supposed to have a bit of shimmer ... but they just aren't the same? I felt much more "glowy" with the Translucide without feeling oily. I could buy a more shimmery powder, but darn it, I really loved getting that glow from my foundation.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using Makeup Forever HD foundation (I think that's what it's called) and it's alright, but it's not "there" yet for me. When I finish the bottle I'd love some ideas of what to try next.

Thanks! :smile:

2. You could always find foundation that gives the same finish minus shimmer, and then use some sparkly lotion (I use Jergen's Soft Shimmer Skin Radiance Moisturizer) and mix it in w/ the foundation for some sparkle :smile: I do that when my skin needs a little oomph. Good luck on the hunt!

3. I think when you look for foundations, look for the ones that give you dewey finish. Dior's Pure Light for example, doesn't necessarily have shimmer in it, but it gives you this glowy dewey look and is oil free as well. Hopefully that helps a bit.

If you just look for foundations that are oil free, most give you a matte finish.

4. There is nothing like Translucide that I've found. It was my holy grail :crybaby:

5. Thanks for the replies ... I may check out that Dior foundation. cheburashka, I think maybe I have been looking for the wrong type ... the glowy/dewey look is more what I am looking for, rather then just shimmer (and like tmc089 said, I can always add a bit of shimmer to the foundation). That's probably why I am not having much luck because I haven't been communicating to SA's the right look I'm looking for.

claireZk, I know! I can't believe they had discontinued it ... it was so awesome!