Lord and Taylor Counterfeit Products

I originally contacted L&T in December 2023 since I learned about the Gucci lawsuits. No respond from L&T after reaching through text, email, and chat. I filed a credit card dispute yesterday March 5th and quickly got rejection letter my credit cards because it's exceeded the dispute period (two billing cycles). This morning L&T responded to my chat and approved a refund request. They sent me a shipping label and said they will give me a full refund once they receive the item. I'm a bit skeptical because I see others having issues getting their refund. Anyone return a counterfeit purse and get their money back from L&T?

I am just now seeing this and other postings regarding the counterfeit bags being sold by Lord and Taylor. I was just a victim of this scam, purchasing what was alleged to be an authentic Louis Vuitton tote but what arrived was a knock off/counterfeit product. They are funneling this through Afterpay and I haven't received any assistance from them to obtain a refund.
Hi! Did you get an update if you got a refund? I finally got a response from L&T and I'm scared to send back the fake purse and get scammed again by not getting my money returned back to me.

I purchased a Gucci marmont from L&T last year and was a little skeptical about the authenticity of it but put those thoughts out of my head because I though L&T was a reputable site. I just recently found out that Gucci has sued L&T and accused it of selling fake bags.

Have you attempted to have your CC do a chargeback? were you successful? I feel literally sick for being taken advantage of as a consumer this way.
I was not successful to getting my credit card to even contact L&T. They rejected my request in less than 24 hours of filing the dispute. I got a hold of L&T FINALLY. What did you end up doing?

I originally contacted L&T in December 2023 since I learned about the Gucci lawsuits. No respond from L&T after reaching through text, email, and chat. I filed a credit card dispute yesterday March 5th and quickly got rejection letter my credit cards because it's exceeded the dispute period (two billing cycles). This morning L&T responded to my chat and approved a refund request. They sent me a shipping label and said they will give me a full refund once they receive the item. I'm a bit skeptical because I see others having issues getting their refund. Anyone return a counterfeit purse and get their money back from L&T?
I would stay on them. if you got a shipping label and approval and send it back that is more proof for your credit card company if they DONT refund you. I did get a refund but returned my purse within 24 hours of receiving it. Also I emailed them and told them to please refund me quickly because I want to buy another bag from them (a complete lie but I was really worried at this point because I was about to be out 2 grand) after telling them I needed the refund to purchase another bag they refunded me pretty quickly. The weird thing was that they refunded all of it but around 120 dollars. so I emailed them and they gave some weird excuse and at that point I was well aware they were basically a scam so I let it go and considered myself lucky. I cannot believe the website and company is still not shut down. Good Luck!

I would stay on them. if you got a shipping label and approval and send it back that is more proof for your credit card company if they DONT refund you. I did get a refund but returned my purse within 24 hours of receiving it. Also I emailed them and told them to please refund me quickly because I want to buy another bag from them (a complete lie but I was really worried at this point because I was about to be out 2 grand) after telling them I needed the refund to purchase another bag they refunded me pretty quickly. The weird thing was that they refunded all of it but around 120 dollars. so I emailed them and they gave some weird excuse and at that point I was well aware they were basically a scam so I let it go and considered myself lucky. I cannot believe the website and company is still not shut down. Good Luck!
Thank you for respond back :smile:. I'm going to give it a couple of days of thought before I send it back. My gut is telling me not send it back so I don't get double scammed. I'm not sure why they all the suddenly answered me after I initiated a credit card dispute. I'm wondering if it's a coincidence that they responded or because they got so many complaints that they have to do something about it.

Thank you for respond back :smile:. I'm going to give it a couple of days of thought before I send it back. My gut is telling me not send it back so I don't get double scammed. I'm not sure why they all the suddenly answered me after I initiated a credit card dispute. I'm wondering if it's a coincidence that they responded or because they got so many complaints that they have to do something about it.
I was worried too I would get double scammed, but you for sure won't your get money back if you keep it. You will be stuck with a fake bag you won't be able to sell. I would take a LOT of pictures of the bag- document every part of packing and sending the bag back. take screen shots of the return approval and track the return. all of this will help with continuing the cc dispute if you need to.

My credit card company told me that I'm on my own if I send the purse back and they don't refund my money. Sigh. I may contact L&T to see if they have some kind of shipping protection too. My partner said I would also get screwed if UPS loses my shipment. It seems like there could be an issue can go wrong at every step. I'm going to keep inquiring online to see anyone else got their money refunded after all this time has passed.

My credit card company told me that I'm on my own if I send the purse back and they don't refund my money. Sigh. I may contact L&T to see if they have some kind of shipping protection too. My partner said I would also get screwed if UPS loses my shipment. It seems like there could be an issue can go wrong at every step. I'm going to keep inquiring online to see anyone else got their money refunded after all this time has passed.
Im so sorry- I hope it is resolved somehow. I just can't believe they are allowed to operate this company at all. They need to be shut down.

I would also file a police report. It won't really DO anything, except add an additional layer of trying to protect yourself. You can reference it in any dealing with cc companies. You can also file consumer fraud with your state's attorney general's office. And, if you get no response, contact local television outlets. They always seem to have a consumer reporter "on your side". At this point, what have you got to loose?