Lopsided??

Sez

Bag lady
O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
Trying to uncrumple the ruffles in my Gypsy bag after taking it out its dustbag I noticed that the top bit (before the ruffles start) is a bit lopsided on one side. It isn't a big problem visually, because it is such a slouchy bag I don't think anyone would notice...but it is bugging me, because I paid a lot for it...I bought it in the Dior boutique at Harrods, so am pretty sure it isn't a fake, but I have read some horror stories on here recently about people getting fakes from stores...the Dior label inside the bag looks the same as in other Diors I have...although the bag is not lined with the signature fabric my other bags are lined with...is that normal for Gypsys?? Does anyone else have a Gypsy Ruffles who can set my mind at ease?

The Gipsy bags certainly don't have the Dior logo textile lining, but rather satin I believe. I'm sure the bag you purchased is genuine if it came from a Dior boutique or concessionaire. :smile: As you've correctly identified, the "lopsidedness" could be due to the slouchiness of the bag, as the washed calfskin is very soft and unstructured. If it really bothers you, would it be possible for you to exchange it for another one?

Thanks eminere...that makes me feel better...I actually decided to call Harrods (where I got it) and the guy in the Dior boutique suggested I go in to show them and discuss...problem is there were no others left in black in the UK when I got it...so I won't be able to get another Gypsy, and I so love the bag. Will see what happens when I go in I guess...