Loose stitching - would you be bothered?

I took my reissue to the Yorkdale store (in Toronto) and was told that some repairs can be done locally. In my case, because I needed the lock replaced and some stitches re-done, the bag was sent to France. It took exactly 5 weeks to complete and the cost was $123 CAN.

The manager did mention that for simple fixes (ie. a few loose stitches), they contract the work to local repair shops and the bag can be returned in less than 2 weeks.

If you love the bag, opt for repair. Contact your SA, ask her opinion. If they have a local repair (or a neighbouring country that has one), you will get the bag faster compared to having it sent to Paris.

I had a similiar experience, and my SA took it in no question asked & got it fixed in a month. No charges since its new. To me its worth it for a bag that I really love & dont want to be apart with. The bag holding up great till now.

Reactions: eckw
I bought a so-black chevron 2.55 reissue in the largest size (227) about a week ago from my local Chanel boutique store and just realised there is a loose stitch. Would you repair this or am I being too picky?? Thanks!!

View attachment 3722384

(Technically I'm within my 14-day exchange period but my SA checked for a new one during my purchase and told me this was the last so-black 227 in my city (Hong Kong) so I don't have option to exchange and I want to keep the bag as I love it.)

I had a loose stitch. They did a rush repair and it only took 3 weeks. It came back looking exactly as it left but without the stitch problem!

Spoke with my SA and she is going to try and track down a replacement bag for me (as I am within my exchange period). But if not, she'll help me get it repaired and she says it shouldn't take more than a week or so. (It'll be done locally as they have a workshop here. Apparently only the most complicated repair jobs get sent to Paris as it could take as much as a year to get it back!)

Spoke with my SA and she is going to try and track down a replacement bag for me (as I am within my exchange period). But if not, she'll help me get it repaired and she says it shouldn't take more than a week or so. (It'll be done locally as they have a workshop here. Apparently only the most complicated repair jobs get sent to Paris as it could take as much as a year to get it back!)
wow! if it's only going to take that long, than you should do it, imo!

I was so excited to received a text from my SA that new shipment of mini came in today. Finally I get my hands on the red caviar mini. I tried on both rectangle and square, the length of the chain seem to be the same. In the end I choose the square mini.
IMG_1501521288.911832.jpg

When I went home to try on the bag, I realized that there is a loose stitch at the flap. It's like they missed out a stitch and the thread is hanging loose. There are also some peeling spots at the edge of interior.
IMG_1501521311.309827.jpg
IMG_1501521325.594729.jpg
IMG_1501521342.023706.jpg
IMG_1501521354.818590.jpg

I have to travel back to store tomorrow. But my SA told me it's the last red square mini they have.

Wow this is the first square mini in this red that I've seen. Sorry to hear it's not are with the quality workmanship that should have came with it (it's chanel! This sloppiness should not happen)

I hope they can some how make this right for you

Wow this is the first square mini in this red that I've seen. Sorry to hear it's not are with the quality workmanship that should have came with it (it's chanel! This sloppiness should not happen)

I hope they can some how make this right for you

It's the last square mini in store so I exchanged to a rectangle mini.
Really disappointed with the workmanship of the square. Chanel should do a proper QC before releasing bags to the sale floor.
I will upload some pic of my new mini later. [emoji4]

Reactions: Vanana
It's the last square mini in store so I exchanged to a rectangle mini.
Really disappointed with the workmanship of the square. Chanel should do a proper QC before releasing bags to the sale floor.
I will upload some pic of my new mini later. [emoji4]
Well it's great to hear at least you were able to replace with a very difficult to get rectangular mini that you're happy with! :smile:

Reactions: luvpaige
Here is my red mini. I love the dark red.
IMG_1501634921.901440.jpg
At first I chose the square because the chain for both square and rectangle is almost the same length. Today my SA brought out another rectangle, the length of the chain is longer than the one she show me previously. Comparison with my 13C lambskin, the chain of 17B is slightly shorter.
IMG_1501634979.500895.jpg
IMG_1501634993.020193.jpg
I am so in love with the red caviar mini [emoji7]

I bought this M/L flap bag during my trip to Paris only 2 months ago, and I used it less than 10 times. Today I noticed there are 3 stitches popping out. I'm not sure they are loose stitches or just where the stitch end. Also there is crack on the back. Is is consider normal ? I'm very disappoint right now because this is my holy grail bag. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks !
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

I have the same issue on my mini lamb skin! Just saw the loose stitching today Andy I am worried ... I used eye lash glue to make it stick so hopefully it won’t extend the loose stiches .. aww I should’ve go to the boutique to show them to see what they can do for me
Does anyone have any experience having a loose stitch on the back pocket of a Chanel mini rectangle? I went to the boutique today to ask about repairing a single loose stitch on the bottom left corner of the back pocket, and was told it would take 11-13 weeks, and would cost $585. The bag is a little over a year old, but was given as a gift, and purchased at a department store rather than a stand-alone boutique. The SA acknowledged that the bag was from the 2015 season, but said that there was nothing they could do, as the cost is a fixed price. Does anyone have any experience with having stitches become loose?