Loose stitching - would you be bothered?

Yes, definitely I can't keep this bag. But I do love classics and so disappointed about the quality! Is it normal that the quality of classics has been so poor recently? Or is this a special case?

Yes, definitely I can't keep this bag. But I do love classics and so disappointed about the quality! Is it normal that the quality of classics has been so poor recently? Or is this a special case?

It´s pretty common if you ask me. The stitching as come undone on both my jumbo and my GST before. The GST was so bad the threads were actually just hanging loose from the bag. It is currently being repaired. There is definitely a decline in quality.

ITA with lallybelle. This happened to one of my flaps after a week it 2 of use. NM fixed it while I waited. Good as new...no other problems with that bag since.

Just take it back to the chanel boutique and they will send it down to repair for you with no charge. I did it before, it was complimentary for stitching and shipping.

Thank you guys for all the kind suggestions. I send the pics and message to the sales. She hasn't replied yet. Wish her has new one to exchange although I think the possibility is very very low . If I bring the bag to boutique, Chanel will send it back to repair right ? Will they care the bag carefully? I don' t wanna my bag with scratches or scuffs after the repair. If so, I might return it.

Dont worry. My Classic Maxi in lambskin did the same thing a ages ago.. Could be from the weight and amount of stuff you carry in your bag. Remember that even though Chanel is expensive, their materials are delicate and sensitive. You have to pay attention to the weight you put in, just as much as we pay attention to scratches etc bc leather stretches. Sorry this happened so soon :sad: I was sad too, but good thing is that it can be fixed

Hi Girls,

I bought a classic flap 2.55 at 2013 March. It had loose stitching after I first time used.

Sent it back for repair, took 3 months to get my flap back.

After the repairing, I barely used the bag, but now I found the loose stitching in the bottom again.
SA told me the repair gonna took at least 2 months.

Kind of upset for the quality for this $4400 Chanel bag!!!

Now I'm worried that after the 2nd repairing, my bag gonna be out of 1 year warranty!
Cant believe I bought a bag less than a year and the half of the time it is under repairing!!
I really don't want to pay for the loose stitch repairing afterward.
And looks like they didnt do a good job on repairing the loose stitch.

Has any one experienced to get an exchange after the bag is not brand new?
I feel like I'm getting a defected Chanel bag. ><

I complain about the issue to one of the SA at bloomingdale, South Coast Plaza, she is kind of rude. (My SA is nice but she is off today)
Saying: you had sent it for repair before already, so now what you want us to do??
Fix it again?
GOSH!!! Of course, fix it!

Who wants to use the bag with string sticking out!

Its not a 20USD cheap bag!!!

Hi Girls,

I bought a classic flap 2.55 at 2013 March. It had loose stitching after I first time used.

After the repairing, I barely used the bag, but now I found the loose stitching in the bottom again.

Now I'm worried that after the 2nd repairing, my bag gonna be out of 1 year warranty!
Cant believe I bought a bag less than a year and the half of the time it is under repairing!!

I complain about the issue to one of the SA at bloomingdale, South Coast Plaza, she is kind of rude. (My SA is nice but she is off today)
Saying: you had sent it for repair before already, so now what you want us to do??
Fix it again?

So disappointing! I hope your SA will find a solution .

I had the same issue and posted pics of my purse here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/need-advice-on-my-m-l-flap-838373.html

I brought it to my SA and asked me if I want to get it cut right there and then, or wait for a new shipment. I said we can try cutting it and see. They did and it was really clean. She told me to bring it in if there are problems in the future. She told me not to worry about it in the future. Since she has it on record that I brought it in already with loose stitching, if it happens again they will fix it for free.

I'm pretty happy with it and no problems so far.

Sorry to hear about your flap! I understand your frustration. My 14C red mini had a row of stitching come loose after one use. My SA (@SCP Chanel boutique) said it would be an easy fix, but it wasn't. There was 3 inches of extra thread and the craftsman had to take the entire stitch out and re thread it. In the process of doing so one of the stitches popped and the leather broke. Needless to say I was unable to get a replacement since they sold out of this color....so my SA offered me store credit.

I would suggest waiting for your regular SA and discussing your concerns with her. If she can't process a return maybe they can give you store credit so you can use it for a new one when a fresh shipment comes in.

Hi Girls,

Fix it again?