Loose stitching - would you be bothered?

I have 2 pre-loved bags that came that way. I am using them without the stitching. There is more room this way! If I want to sell them, I will probably repair it myself or take it somewhere local. I’m not trusting Chanel to send my bags overseas for weeks for a repair! I’ve heard too many stories of lost/damaged bags etc.

I just got a Maxi in Paris in October and the same thing happened. It was only my second time using it that I noticed it. I took it into my local boutique and the SA said they will ship it back to Paris (I live in the US) to be repaired. She reminded me that since they are handmade these things can happen. It doesn't make me mad at all, since they are so willing to fix it free of charge. I also sent off a pink lambskin Jumbo to be completely re-dyed and it came back absolutely gorgeous and for only $285 USD!

Oh wow! Is this resent that they redyed your bag? I was told they didn’t off this service anymore.

Hey everyone! I've been browsing this forum almost daily for a while now and finally made my first purchase from a Chanel Boutique yesterday (been watching Chanel runway shows since I was seven)!! :smile: I ended up driving up to my nearest boutique about two and half hours from where I live w/ family as a special surprise trip and it was an absolutely incredible experience--the SA who helped me was beyond friendly and patient and noting my excitement, stuffed my bag with two handfuls of camellias as well as a couple of the KL-drawn birthday/Christmas cards SAs send out to their clients. Overall it was a dream a long time in the making! I ended up walking out with a red clutch on chain rather than the black rectangular mini / woc that I had in mind because we both agreed it fit me better.

Anyways, today I finally unboxed my clutch and noticed that one the threads on the zipper pull is longer/ loose looking than the other zipper pull (the clutch I ended up buying was not the one I had tried on and inspected since my SA had found a brand new one in the back during checkout) and was wondering if the awesome and knowledgeable people of pf could help advise a newbie whether it is a popped/ loose thread and/or a big deal, or if it is just the end of the thread/ something else but nothing to worry about.

Is this something worth having them take a look at or is it something I could either needle back in or clip off if necessary (it seems though there is still a normal amount of thread in the stitch hole)?

Honestly, it would very hard for me to return to the boutique to have them look at it, and wouldn't want to do so if this isn't an absolutely deal breaking issue. Could I call customer service to figure something out/ have it shipped to the store? I will be moving in September and will have a Chanel Boutique only ten minutes from my home--if this needs to be fixed could I use it in the mean time and bring it in there for them to fix w/ no charge? I don't want to make this a bigger deal than necessary and am not sure if it is something to worry about or not.

Any advice is welcome! Thank you so much for your help in advance (and inspiring my love for Chanel up until now through your posts)! :smile:
IMG_9165.jpg IMG_9157.jpg IMG_9155.jpg InkedIMG_9161_LI.jpg

I don't think it is a big deal. It looks as though the thread was not cut after sewing. However, if it does become an issue, you could take it to the Chanel boutique near where you move to in September. Keep the receipt and take it in and it will be a free fix with the warranty.

That's a beautiful red :heart:

Reactions: F a e
I don't think it is a big deal. It looks as though the thread was not cut after sewing. However, if it does become an issue, you could take it to the Chanel boutique near where you move to in September. Keep the receipt and take it in and it will be a free fix with the warranty.

That's a beautiful red :heart:
Thanks, KittyKat65! That's what I thought since there doesn't appear to be any thread missing or popping out from the actual stitching holes just the extra long bits of thread on that side of the zipper pull, and since I remember reading someone post about the same issue a few weeks ago too (but I guess you can never be too paranoid or careful with your first chanel!). Do you think it would be okay if I carefully clipped them down myself?

I didn't plan to fall in love with the Cruise 2019 red but its just so beautiful in person, and I knew that it would be my forever bag! PS: I couldn't help but take a peek, and I'd love to make my next bag a flapbag with handle like your gold beauty! So lucky! :smile:

I agree with what everyone has said so far. It doesn’t look like an issue. I would also love to see the rest of the bag & mod shots. Congratulations on your first Chanel! It’s a gorgeous red. :heart:

Congrats on your lovely purchase and agree with everyone else about trying to snip loose thread for now. Btw your SA sound amazing and even if you move away, I’d keep her contact in case you want to reach out in the future for a hard-to-find style. And yes, mod shots please!!!!

I actually think this is normal. It is an end thread that has unraveled. The thread shouldn't unravel anymore beyond that point. A secured knot should be stopping it. The end thread is just an extra little piece that didn't get snipped off or glued down. Most people just simply cut off these end threads. I've had this happen on two Chanels (one being a jumbo) and freaked out both times, lol. The SA was like "I can go in the back room and snip this off for you so we won't have to send it off and you be without a bag for weeks/ months because that's exactly what repair is going to do." I've had the jumbo about five years now and that unraveled area is still the same and my other bag is three years old. Just make sure the knot is secured and you're good to go.

This happened to my reissue 227! I didn’t feel like sending my workhorse bag away for however many weeks for a repair so I bought some waxed thread & stitched it back myself. These bags really don’t have a lot of room in the pocket between the flaps. Honestly not sure what I’m supposed to put in there that won’t bust the stitches lmao
Thanks Zeremine - good to know I am not the only person to put a needle and thread to stitch my so black reissue myself!

That would not be a deal breaker for me. I would snip myself but that's me. Can we see the rest of the bag please +/- mod shots? Thanks

I agree with what everyone has said so far. It doesn’t look like an issue. I would also love to see the rest of the bag & mod shots. Congratulations on your first Chanel! It’s a gorgeous red. :heart:

Congrats on your lovely purchase and agree with everyone else about trying to snip loose thread for now. Btw your SA sound amazing and even if you move away, I’d keep her contact in case you want to reach out in the future for a hard-to-find style. And yes, mod shots please!!!!

Thank you very much for your advice :biggrin:! I posted some mod shots here if you would like to see: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/first-time-shopping-at-chanel-not-at-all-what-i-expected.1006139/

I will definitely be keeping in contact with my SA after I move back to my dorm- very grateful to have met her.

Reactions: eckw and F a e
Hey guys,
I’ve had this bag since start of the new year, and used it only 2-3x. There a loose stitch on the bag. Should I bring it in and have them fix it or just snip it off? I know these bags are handmade so it may not be 100% perfect, but I do get bothered with small flaws. Anyone had experience with this?

Attachments

• AACACC11-D36A-4107-9BF8-EF3F2A5CD3F7.jpeg
    AACACC11-D36A-4107-9BF8-EF3F2A5CD3F7.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 386
  • BED583E7-9838-4812-99EB-1719D6802096.jpeg
    BED583E7-9838-4812-99EB-1719D6802096.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 389