Looking To Make a Bag for Teh Wife

I am amazed at your work! Did you just wake up and say "I think I'll make a bag today!"? How did you ever learn to do this? And you made yours in a day?!? I couldn't open all your pictures, but I assume you do everything by hand? Truely amazing. You could def sell them, so beautiful and so special for your wife because you made it.

I think I am in awe....I don't even know what to say except that you are awesome!!

I am amazed at your work! Did you just wake up and say "I think I'll make a bag today!"? How did you ever learn to do this? And you made yours in a day?!? I couldn't open all your pictures, but I assume you do everything by hand? Truely amazing. You could def sell them, so beautiful and so special for your wife because you made it.

I'm really impressed and very much looking forward to seeing the other bags you've made.

Thanks. I really appreciate it!

I just got off of the phone with my dad who's anticipating his bag. Then I asked to speak to my mom (who's an expert seamstress) and expressed that I would rather make her bag with her than to do it on my own and surprise her. I could use her expertise. She was elated. Tomorrow I go over there and get her expert advice on the interior of the bag. Can't wait to post pics.

Dad's lock came so the bag was finished up today. I just cleaned/conditioned the leather, I'll leave polishing/sealing it to him:

Took some earlier advice from the guys over on SF and decided to go with a natural colored thread this time (artificial sinew) which was much thinner than the dark colored thread I used last time. This bag is for my dad:

Next to mine:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags001.jpg

No flash:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags003.jpg

Flash:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags004.jpg

Closed:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags006.jpg

In front of mine:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags007.jpg

With flash:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags008.jpg

Back:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags009.jpg

Pen/PDA holder inside:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags010.jpg
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags011.jpg

2-ply handle (mine is 3-ply):
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags012.jpg

Same lock as mine:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags014.jpg

Preview of a bag I'm making for mom:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags015.jpg

Lining material:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags018.jpg

More:
imgboot.com/images/bigbris1/bags020.jpg
http://imgboot.com/image/bigbris1/bags020.jpg

Let us know when you start taking orders! I am very impressed with your talent and working with fine leather is a talent. Everything is so mass produced now, even some of the finest bags, it is really a luxury to have a handmade bag. Your family members are very lucky!

Hey guys! Please remember our rules. If this member comes and sells them or tells you he is selling them you'll be getting him in trouble by asking him to do so.
There's no advertising here and there's no buying/selling. It cannot be ON tPF or our PM system.

Hey guys! Please remember our rules. If this member comes and sells them or tells you he is selling them you'll be getting him in trouble by asking him to do so.
There's no advertising here and there's no buying/selling. It cannot be ON tPF or our PM system.

Sorry, don't want anybody to get in trouble. It was meant more as a compliment.

Thanks all, I definitely just took it as compliments as I do not really look forward to taking orders. I do appreciate the prices of some leather items made entirely by hand. I wish I had better tools, tho. Would make it much easier.

I got a nice silver lock with the brass one so I may use it to make myself another bag. Will post if I decide to.

Thanks again!