looking to buy my very first LV!

toca love

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Los Angeles
I've been looking around these forums for quite some time now and still have not bought an LV which was my first lvoe. I'm on my second Balenciaga, and before I go onto my third, I would like to get an LV.

I've been eyeing the Tivoli GM, but I think I've moved on unless someone can convince me.. hehe

these are my choices, please help me out ladies!:
1. Artsy MM--worried about the thickness of the strap
2. Mono Neverfull MM
3. Damier Ebene Neverfull MM
4. Idylle Speedy 30 in the brown--because I missed out on the mini lin version, but this is supposed to be more durable(?)

Please Help. TIA:biggrin:

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
I have the artsy MM and it's by far my favourite LV bag - ever ever ever. It's incredibly roomy, has multiple pockets, can be carried numerous ways, and is just drop dead gorgeous. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend, though. The artsy is considerably more than the NF and perhaps isn't the best choice for a first bag, but then again that is up to you and your bank account. :P

toca love

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Los Angeles
I have the artsy MM and it's by far my favourite LV bag - ever ever ever. It's incredibly roomy, has multiple pockets, can be carried numerous ways, and is just drop dead gorgeous. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend, though. The artsy is considerably more than the NF and perhaps isn't the best choice for a first bag, but then again that is up to you and your bank account. :P
JW... I've been reading about the handles hurting people's shoulder and whatnot. How long did it take you to break in the handle? I love the handle, and the price doesn't bother me. I really love how the Artsy looks.

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
JW... I've been reading about the handles hurting people's shoulder and whatnot. How long did it take you to break in the handle? I love the handle, and the price doesn't bother me. I really love how the Artsy looks.
I have read that, too. I honestly never had an issue with the handle hurting, not even from day one. But it definitely has become softer with time. I've only had the bag for a couple weeks and I can already notice a difference. I wouldn't honestly let the whole discomfort issue deter you from purchasing this bag... This is hands down the best LV purchase I have ever made, and I have a lot of bags. ;)

ireallylovelv

Feb 11, 2010
California
I'm partial to the speedy, although I believe the Idylle line is not as coated (and therefore durable) as the usual speedy line. I have 2 fairly new speedies (one ebene 25 and one azur 30) and can't seem to find anything else I like. But I did get an additional strap for each because I am always finding myself using both of my hands.