Looking to buy a wedding ring to go with my engagment ring, can you help me decide?

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
I am looking to buy an engagement ring that has three stones, the center is 4 carats and then there are two side stone bagets, very similar to Eva Longoria's ring, if you are familiar with it.
I'm thinking of a eternity band to go with it but not sure what size to buy, can you help me on what would look the best, carat size in stones that is?

I have a 3 stone (1ct center 1/2ct sides) and I didn't like my narrow eternity band with it. I felt like I needed a larger band. I ended up purchasing a 5 stone band with bigger diamonds and a width equal to the three stone. GL!

I should have mentioned that the center stone is an emerald cut. Any suggestions on the cut of the stones for the eternity band? I'm always looking for something different.

Hmmm that would make a difference. Mine is all rounds. If you're set on an eternity band I would definitely go for larger diamonds that don't compete also in emerald cut! But asscher cut diamonds would look great too!

I would still base it on what you do for the shank. If you do micropave for the shank of the ering, do micropave for the band. If you do tiny carre cuts for the shank, do carre cuts for the band.

Iirc Eva longoria had a pave/bead set shank. She had a matching thin band and a ginormous "captive" band which was wide.

Oh wow! I knew about the bands, but from pics I always thought the ering had a plain shank... Maybe op will chime in with how her shank is.

I am looking to buy an engagement ring that has three stones, the center is 4 carats and then there are two side stone bagets, very similar to Eva Longoria's ring, if you are familiar with it.
I'm thinking of a eternity band to go with it but not sure what size to buy, can you help me on what would look the best, carat size in stones that is?
thin perlee ring from vca or a thin eternity bang. Emerald is such a classic elegant shape especially at that size, I would add visual interest with a thin band. A lovely PFer has a similar set to what I am describing and it looks phenomenal

I agree with what you are all saying.
A very thin eternity band, the same size as the shank of the ring would look the best.
I wonder whose set of rings are similar to this on this Forum, I don't think I've seen them.
Thanks for your replys by the way.:biggrin: