Looking to buy 1st Chanel under $3000

Sep 3, 2008
Hi, I'm looking to buy my 1st Chanel, but want to keep it under $3000. I also want to purchase a classic bag that will remain timeless. Can a Chanel veteran give me some advice as to what to buy?

Also, should I buy overseas or within the states?

Thanks for any info!!

Agree with the others. GST is a gorgeous bag and it's $2900.00. I would get either black with gold hardware or beige with gold hardware.

If you like colors, right now, the seasonal (eg. Limited) colors are ivory, light pink, red, navy. There is a GST club thread to browse the latest colors.

Good luck!

I dont really like how the GST looks so I reccommend either a preloved flap bag, cerf tote ,wallet on chain or a mini flap. Also there are some seasonal bags such as the French Rivera which have the same classic flap look with out the heftier price tag (although I am unsure of the current price of the French Rivera). Good luck and I hope you find a bag you love!

I actually think serrazane has a smart point. A WOC is so cute and fun! Plus the extra cash can get a small wallet and/or some cute costume jewelry. A nice pair of earrings or necklace would look nice with a WOC! HTH

well GST holds a lot and a WOC holds very little. What are you thinking you want to use it for? Work, dinners, etc?

I would rec black GST with gold hardware, but if you want to use it for shopping , to take to parties or to dinners then I rec a classic WOC. At least with a WOC you could throw it in your bigger bag and use it as a wallet so your getting daily use out of it.

I have the GST and it's heavy and boxy at first so please keep that in mind.
I don't have a WOC because I haven't wanted to pay that much for literally a wallet on a chain lol.

A bag I really love is the new chevron flap. It holds quite a bit and it's so light.
I use it a lot instead of my Jumbo because of how light it is.

Good luck!