Looking to become a Minkette, if only for a little bit. Please help?

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
:biggrin:

Hi ya'll. I'm usually in the Bal forum, but found myself wandering over here for a bit.

Here's the deal - I'm going on vacation soon to NY and I want a cross-body bag that I can bring with me. The Balenciaga cross-body bags do not sit well on me. (Plus I'm afraid of my precious bbags getting damaged with all the touring I'll be doing.) I like how 'sturdy' the RM bags' leather seems to be - so should I give RM a whirl?

This will be my first RM bag EVER, though I have looked at them online a lot.

I was thinking about the RM Mini Rikki, are there any others I should consider?

Thanks so much. :smile:

You may want to consider the Roadie. It's a great crossbody, and it has a zip closure, and a great outside pocket. It also hits at a great spot. I especially like the black leather Linear Stud Roadie.

Attachments

• Roadie.jpg
    Roadie.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 331
I say go with a MAC! I can fit diapers, pack of diaper wipes, large Maui Jim Sunglass case, 2 RM pouches, Droid phone, and keys. Plus some other little stuff!!!!

Welcome!

RM has some nice crossbody bags. Other than the Roadie mentioned above, do check out the MAC (Morning After Clutch - the two most popular variants are the traditional MACs and the 3-zip MACs) and the Mini Beloved.

Most of the MACs can be worn in a few different ways e.g. crossbody, shoulder, clutch whereas the Mini Beloved has an adjustable strap.

dinah - Thanks so much! I actually LOVE the bag you posted (I see one on shopbop), but I don't love the little "ears" that the hooks are posted to. Should I get over it and just get the darn bag?

sinyard - off to check out the MAC!

Thank you both for your suggestions! I'm going crazy over here since I'm fairly certain I'm looking for a suitable RM bag.

Not sure if you were interested, but did you see the Loveletter Satchel? It should fit quite a bit of stuff and is also worn crossbody too.

Comes in Suede and Leather

2rh3480.jpg

And here's a new twist to it.. the Easy Rider Satchel. Similar to the LL above but with some funky designs on the front.
2q0lh1j.jpg

Mini Beloved, $395. Fits quite a lot and is definitely a crossbody bag.

w8qbzb.jpg

35kk6lk.jpg

ETA: OH. The Beloved ^ Also comes in a bigger size too, if you think the MB is too small. Here's a pic of it.

Dimensions of small: 10"w x 8"h x 4.5"d.
Big size: 14.5"W x 9"H x 4.5"D Drop: 21"

21kcp42.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there's anymore MB's in retail with silver hardware though. A lot of the new ones coming out have gold/brass hardware. Your best bet is the bay or Bonz if you prefer silver hw.

best of luck.

Definitely check out the Mini Beloved or Loveletter satchel in leather (Black cat is always great). The Loveletter satchel is super comfy and I never liked it in pics but when I tried it on IRL it was perfect. Good luck and let us know what you choose!!

Hey Rere, nnice to see ya here!! :cool:

I own two RMs, one of them is the very very versatile travel friendly Morning After Clutch! My is the black quilted patent wilt silver hardwear. It is THE best travel bag! You can put a LOT in it, it looks so chic on you and it's so light weight! I am about 5'3-5'4 and when worn crossbody the bag sits perfectly near my hip and I can just keep the MAC in the front of my body and it's so secure!

Good luck on finding your first RM :amuse: