Looking something similar to a Goyard Saigon

mfairview

Dec 21, 2016
Hi, really like the shape and style of the Goyard Saigon (handle/trapezoidal shape) but after reading some of the threads on the quality and customer service of Goyard, am a bit reluctant to spend the money on them. Can anyone recommend other brands/models comparable to this style? I prefer to stay with brands a bit under the radar (eg moynat, moreau, delvaux, Le Page, indies, etc.) and definitely want quality (there should really be zero complaints at these price points) and dependable service. I hear Moreau is pretty much indestructible though, unfortunately, I haven't seen anything in their arsenal I like at this point. Can those who own le page, delvaux, and moynat also comment?

I live in nyc so points for brands that have presence here where I can go take a look.

Thanks!

Last edited:
IMG_0420.JPG I have a Moreau and love it! It's printed leather and not canvas, the handles are handstiched.
I folded it in my suitcase and it came out without any wrinkles though the leather is very soft.
I highly recommend the brand!
Here is a pic of mine.

Reactions: bklner2014
Both Delvaux and Valextra have styles in a similar structured shape with no flashy monogramming. Both of mine are in leather and leather- lined as well. I don't mind the additional weight of leather lining. Both brands are available at the Barney's flagship in NYC. I believe Valextra is also available at Bergdorf's.

Both Delvaux and Valextra have styles in a similar structured shape with no flashy monogramming. Both of mine are in leather and leather- lined as well. I don't mind the additional weight of leather lining. Both brands are available at the Barney's flagship in NYC. I believe Valextra is also available at Bergdorf's.

Hi, picked up the Valextra clutch over xmas so looking for another brand here, but otherwise it was a solid buy. They actually have a store on Madison, though I bought the clutch at Barneys.

View attachment 3567591 I have a Moreau and love it! It's printed leather and not canvas, the handles are handstiched.
I folded it in my suitcase and it came out without any wrinkles though the leather is very soft.
I highly recommend the brand!
Here is a pic of mine.

Nice to hear that it's printed leather. Were you able to see it in person prior to the purchase? They don't seem to have many (if any) distributors in the states.

Nice to hear that it's printed leather. Were you able to see it in person prior to the purchase? They don't seem to have many (if any) distributors in the states.
yes, I had seen it in IRL before buying it. I had never heard of the brand though but when I saw how beautifully made it was, I couldn't resist.
If you browse their website, you will find the list of distributors in the US and their email contact:smile:

www.moreau-paris.com

yes, I had seen it in IRL before buying it. I had never heard of the brand though but when I saw how beautifully made it was, I couldn't resist.
If you browse their website, you will find the list of distributors in the US and their email contact:smile:

www.moreau-paris.com

Oh you're right. I was confusing them with Le Page. I believe Barney's carries them but didn't have many pieces at all. They looked very well constructed but unfortunately I didn't see anything I fancied at Barney's.

I just purchased the Moreau Bregancon tote at Barney's Madison during the sale. When I went in to pick it up, the SA showed me some gorgeous simple Celine totes, maybe those would be of interest?

Reactions: Mariapia
I just purchased the Moreau Bregancon tote at Barney's Madison during the sale. When I went in to pick it up, the SA showed me some gorgeous simple Celine totes, maybe those would be of interest?
The Bregançon is gorgeous! Please share a pic for the ladies who have never heard of it!:smile:
Congrats on your purchase, morejunkny!:heart::heart:

Hi, really like the shape and style of the Goyard Saigon (handle/trapezoidal shape) but after reading some of the threads on the quality and customer service of Goyard, am a bit reluctant to spend the money on them. Can anyone recommend other brands/models comparable to this style? I prefer to stay with brands a bit under the radar (eg moynat, moreau, delvaux, Le Page, indies, etc.) and definitely want quality (there should really be zero complaints at these price points) and dependable service. I hear Moreau is pretty much indestructible though, unfortunately, I haven't seen anything in their arsenal I like at this point. Can those who own le page, delvaux, and moynat also comment?

I live in nyc so points for brands that have presence here where I can go take a look.

Thanks!
Bags with a similar look to the Saigon, hand or shoulder carry:
-Delvaux Brilliant (various sizes); leathers and colours change twice yearly; excellent quality; after-sale care; the fastener is fussy
-Valextra Iside (various sizes); surprisingly roomy; outstanding quality; after-sale service; the fastener is much easier than the Brilliant; the attachments for the shoulder strap are designed beautifully; top handle is not as round as the Delvaux model, which makes it easier to carry for me.
-Moynat Ballerine; outstanding quality; after-sale service; I don't own this bag because the zip closure is not to my liking, but to me it most ressembles the Saigon.
-Moynat Gabrielle; same evaluation as above; I don't own this bag because it is too boxy looking for me.
-Moynat Réjane (various sizes) same evaluation as above; not quite the same vibe as Saigon, but I love this bag.
Good luck in choosing!

Hi, the Saigon is more of a top handle structured handbag.
Bags with a similar look to the Saigon, hand or shoulder carry:
-Delvaux Brilliant (various sizes); leathers and colours change twice yearly; excellent quality; after-sale care; the fastener is fussy
-Valextra Iside (various sizes); surprisingly roomy; outstanding quality; after-sale service; the fastener is much easier than the Brilliant; the attachments for the shoulder strap are designed beautifully; top handle is not as round as the Delvaux model, which makes it easier to carry for me.
-Moynat Ballerine; outstanding quality; after-sale service; I don't own this bag because the zip closure is not to my liking, but to me it most ressembles the Saigon.
-Moynat Gabrielle; same evaluation as above; I don't own this bag because it is too boxy looking for me.
-Moynat Réjane (various sizes) same evaluation as above; not quite the same vibe as Saigon, but I love this bag.
Good luck in choosing!

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm liking the Rejane a lot. Do you have this bag? If so, any complaints on the quality?

Hi, the Saigon is more of a top handle structured handbag.

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm liking the Rejane a lot. Do you have this bag? If so, any complaints on the quality?
Yes I have the Petite Réjane. Highly recommend. It is a great bag in terms of looks and quality. I like that it can be worn cross-body, shoulder or hand carry, which adds to the versatility. I bought my bag at the Moynat mothership in Paris, and the experience was very pleasant, by comparison to other brands, say Hermès or Chanel..

Yes I have the Petite Réjane. Highly recommend. It is a great bag in terms of looks and quality. I like that it can be worn cross-body, shoulder or hand carry, which adds to the versatility. I bought my bag at the Moynat mothership in Paris, and the experience was very pleasant, by comparison to other brands, say Hermès or Chanel..

Amen to sales experience.

Amen to sales experience. Had great service at the Moynat in NYC. Took the time to talk about it's history and show us all their offerings (including the trunks!). Couldn't get Hermes to even look my way as I wandered the store and the SA at Chanel tried to pressure me into buying one of the bags saying it wouldn't be there later when I told her I wanted to look around a bit more.