looking inward

No regrets or remorse either. I feel a twinge of guilt that I am spending so much for a bag, but not nearly as much guilt as I have felt about *slightly* less expensive bags that I subsequently ended up trying to sell on ebay, etc., and I feel guilty buying a $25 sweater from H&M that when I first wore it, felt "meh" about, because that is money wasted. Buying H isn't money wasted to me, as long as it is done within one's means.

I would also feel guilty if I had, after purchasing the bags, not used them. I have used one of my 3 Hermes bags 99.9% of the time since I got them.

Having said that, since we are building a house, if I ended up spending on H and NOT having the money for the house then I had better danged-well feel guilty or I deserve a smack on the head!:smash::lecture:

My only issue is when I look at the dollar amount I have saved up for a purchase (currently Chanel bags) add up how much I have spent and then realize I could have

1)Invested that in multiple college funds
2)Invested that in another fund of some type
3)Bought an antique for the house that we all could use
4)Plunked it into savings and used it for something for the family.

It's the same reason why I never asked for nor have a diamond engagement ring. I look at the cost and think "geez, that would fund.... whatever". I just can't do it.

Buying a bag double the price of a Chanel just makes me pause and ask, is it fair to my family to spend THIS much money on me? DH NEVER would on himself (and has not after 17 years). So, I haven't either.

I Have My Usual Jewish Guilt :upsidedown::nuts: ......I Am Very Careful With What I Buy. I Think It Through (On My Own) Quite A Bit.....& I Could Never Spend The Amount Of An H Bag Without Discussing With My Husband (That's Just For Me ~ I'm Not Saying Everyone Has To Do That).

I Have My Usual Jewish Guilt :upsidedown::nuts: ......I Am Very Careful With What I Buy. I Think It Through (On My Own) Quite A Bit.....& I Could Never Spend The Amount Of An H Bag Without Discussing With My Husband (That's Just For Me ~ I'm Not Saying Everyone Has To Do That).

:roflmfao:Bag, I'm with you. Although I love my bags and other material things and feel so blessed and lucky to have them, I can't help but feel guilty now and again, and somewhat shallow that I've spent my money in this way...
D@#% my Italian/Catholic upbringing! Just as bad as your usual Jewish guilt, I assure you!:P
I wish I could be like the majority of ladies here and not have that nagging guilt...

I do feel pangs of guilt when I think about the price tags of my non-Birkin Hermes bags. (I know I can always recoup my investment with a Birkin so I don't feel guilt, just sticker shock). They won't cure my kids (or anyone else's for that matter), but they sure do make my life a lot prettier!

:roflmfao:Bag, I'm with you. Although I love my bags and other material things and feel so blessed and lucky to have them, I can't help but feel guilty now and again, and somewhat shallow that I've spent my money in this way...
D@#% my Italian/Catholic upbringing! Just as bad as your usual Jewish guilt, I assure you!:P
I wish I could be like the majority of ladies here and not have that nagging guilt...

You Are So Silly RC:heart: Omgoodness ~ You Definitely Have The Italian/Catholic Guilt ;) ....I Know All About It ~ Remember As We Grew Up ~ Everyone Always Said How Much The Jews & Italians Were A Like (I Still Hear It) & My Whole Family Is Always Mistaken For Italian (I Always Feel That's A Compliment!!!:yes:)

***We Have So Many Beautiful People From Different Places & Backgrounds ~ All Right Here...I Feel Very Lucky!!!:heart:

I'm just so happy I finally have a chance to splurge on something I've always dreamed of.

It's my own, hard-earned money and it's nobodys business to say what I should do with it. Ok, I'm not so harsh really:smile: IRL I'm a very giving person. H-wise even though I don't have all the things I want for myself, I'm already planning on what to buy my mother and sister, who cannot afford luxuries on their own (and I know they love having beautiful things to cherish). I invest a part of my income every month, I have my own flat, I love being generous to my friends, so why not invest in H as well. As someone put it so well in a previous post, other brands are no investments.

tPF is the only place I can shallowly obsess about H and enjoy all the new purchases with others, and I don't feel any guilt about the money spent. I could throw it away and buy a lot of meaningless stuff, with H I've learned how to save money :tup: