Looking for trench coats! What are your favorites?

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
I need a new trench coat. I have a black banana republic and its a bit big now. I bought a white one from banana that I really like but it doesn't go well with white pants so I was thinking a new black or navy trench. What are your favorite trench coats that I can buy now. Price max would be maybe 400$.

Thanks

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
What length do you need?

If you can get to a Burberry, you should go and try on coats to see what you like. Then you can search for less expensive options.

Coach has some short and longer trenches. Both will be available in black. The short one is available in navy. They are nice fabric but a little heavy.

I ended up with a mid-length trench. I may get a short Coach trench in another color at some point.

Last edited:

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
A mid length trench. I am visiting my parents in the US and my only options are to order online. We only have a Dillard's and Jcpenny for major stores.

I will wear the trench over jeans as well as day dresses. I just need something clean cut. If it has any cute details then great, if not, just something that looks nice.

Is it a faux pas for your dress to stick out 4 or so below your coat?

Thanks!

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
Michael Kors or DKNY, fantastic quality, classic style, variety of colors, come in well under your budget.

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
Recently purchased a really nice Gryphon one from the outlet... classic, but with a twist (the back has some subtle pleating). I agree that it's always nice to purchase a few contenders and keep the one that suits you best.