looking for travel shoes

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a problem. I'm going to London for 4 days and then touring around England for another 5 days and I have no idea what shoes to wear. I will be doing a lot of sightseeing so I want to wear comfortable shoes durring thae day, but I really don't own any. Most of my shoes are heels or flats that I wouldn't want to walk around in all day. Any suggestions? TIA!

2. Why wouldn't you want to wear flats? I think flats would be a great choice. Lanvin are very comfy. So are the foldable flats by a company I cannot stand since they provided me the absolute worst customer service EVER and never apologized. But I have to admit the flats are super comfy and way chaeper than Lavin. PM me if you want the name. Maybe you can find them on eBay or in a shop but do NOT try to buy directly from the company. You will be sorry!

3. I just don't really want to wear flats cause I know that by the end of the day my feet tend to hurt in them. They don't have enough arch support for me. I usually don't mind cause at the end of the day I can flop down at home, but travelling is a different story. Thanks though :smile:, I'll PM you.

4. Maybe find some flats that have a little extra room, and add arch supports/insoles to make them more comfortable? I do this with my Converse when I travel, it works pretty well.

5. this is a very helpful topic as i am in the same situation as you lulu22. i will also be travelling for work and will need to walk all day while on my trip.

i'm actually quite interested to try flats, especially the lanvins but the reason i have never owned flats in my life is because i'm short at 5 feet. so the lanvins with some models having built-in elevation sounds like a good possibility.

any additional shoe recommendations most welcome and thanks to lulu22 for posting this - hope we both get good shoes for our trip!

6. As flyback aluded to, Lanvin flats have a small built in covered heel for some support. As far as flats go they might be a good choice. I've also heard great things about Repetto, French Sole and London Sole. All of them have a very small heel.

7. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I guess I may have to go with flats with an insole put in. I have heard good things about Lanvins but never tried them on, so I'll have a look into those (as well as the other suggestions). I really wish I was going in summer, I have soooo many cute, comfortable sandals!

8. Why not Converse? Very popular over here :tup:

9. I was thinking converse at one point cause I keep meaning to pick up pair anyways, but I think they would limit my wardrobe, haha. I think what I may do, is find a pair of comfy flats and put insoles in them, and then bring a pair of converse for wearing with jeans on rainy days (i'm sure there will be a few!). P.S how's the weather there?

10. It's pretty good here now, dry which is nice because it's been raining off and on for the last week. Not too cold either around 55

Converse are great because not only do they look good with jeans but I really like the look with trousers

11. I'm probably in the minority here, but for travel/vacation, I throw out fashion pretty much altogether and go with comfort, since there's so many changes in the terrain when sightseeing (climbing stairs, walking on pavement, walking in slippery museums, walking through grass, on and off ships, waiting in line for long periods of time, etc). I usually go with a comfy pair of sneakers or my trusty teva sandals.