Looking for the perfect keychain coin purse. Help!

purseluv

O.G.
May 31, 2006
I've recently decided to carry around a coin purse on my keychain because a wallet isn't always necessary for me. I need one that fits coins, receipts, bills, and a couple coupons. I bought a Louis Vuitton Cles that's great for cards, but it isn't big enough for the other stuff. I am not a big fan of Coach. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

If you want to stick with LV, they currently have an LE larger cles in Monogram with a screen print on it, or the Graphite cles is also larger if you don't care about matching your other LV items.

I have a L.A.M.B. one that is slightly larger than the regular LV ones, but it's not LV quality obviously.

I also have a 'no-name' one with a section for cards and bills and a zippered pocket for coins, but it was only $20 and you probably are looking for something better than that.

I know you said you were not a big fan of Coach, but their wristlets are perfect for what you are wanting to carry. They do have nice leather ones. The black Madison Wristlet has a beautiful crimson lining, also, with gold hardware.
Very sharp and understated.
The Mini Skinnys can hold credit cards, and have a split ring for your keychain. They are nice also.

I've had a few of the LV Pochette Cles' and I found them to be nice for a card, but very narrow. I've had a Bottega Veneta which was significantly wider than the LV and could hold more-but, I have to say, as big a fan as I am of Bottega Veneta handbags, I thought the key pouch sucked (to be blunt). I know that a keypouch gets more of a beating than a bag, but my pouch literally fell apart at the seams. I wouldn't ever recommend a BV keypouch. I am currently using a Marc Jacobs and am so happy with it! Its much wider than it was in days past (I compared it with one I bought my sisterinlaw a few years ago)--and the price was fantastic--it actually went down in price! Five years ago I paid $125. I bought it again a few months ago at Bloomie's for $95. And, the leather on it is awesome. Hope that helps. PS, I also looked at Gucci and found that it was even more narrow than LV. Good luck!

I wouldn't go bigger than an LV cles if you are going to put your keys on it. It's not great for your ignition to have too much weight hanging from the key slot, can put wear and tear on the ignition system and you may end up having to replace it. It happened to a friend of mine. They told her it was from very heavy keys and key chain. I use my LV cles, or a pomme 4-key holder. They are both wonderful. I also like that they fit nicely in your hand. Some of the other brands (like the coach mini-skinny and such) are too big, square or wide to comfortably carry in your hand. Even the LV 6-key holder I felt was big and unwieldy in my hand.

I wouldn't go bigger than an LV cles if you are going to put your keys on it. It's not great for your ignition to have too much weight hanging from the key slot, can put wear and tear on the ignition system and you may end up having to replace it. It happened to a friend of mine. They told her it was from very heavy keys and key chain. I use my LV cles, or a pomme 4-key holder. They are both wonderful. I also like that they fit nicely in your hand. Some of the other brands (like the coach mini-skinny and such) are too big, square or wide to comfortably carry in your hand. Even the LV 6-key holder I felt was big and unwieldy in my hand.

wow, I've never thought of this. Thanks for posting it!

Try going into Nordstroms and wandering around, they've always got a ton of small leather goods that should fit the bill for you. :smile:

I've recently decided to carry around a coin purse on my keychain because a wallet isn't always necessary for me. I need one that fits coins, receipts, bills, and a couple coupons. I bought a Louis Vuitton Cles that's great for cards, but it isn't big enough for the other stuff. I am not a big fan of Coach. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Which LV cles did you get?
I have to say my mono holds a ton but my vernis which I have had since new in 2007 doesnt hold near as much.

I on a side note I have seen some people use a small coach wristlet and attach their keys to the end of it.. The ones that have a long strap.

when you're out of your car attach them again.

still more a fan of the cles for just grabbing your keys and going.