Looking for skin-care/anti-aging products for someone in their mid-20's..

~*Sassy*~

O.G.
Mar 12, 2007
I've decided it's time to start taking *really* good care of my skin. I wear SPF 30 every day, wash my face morning and night (never sleep with make-up on), moisturize like crazy..but I feel I need to be doing something more.

I'm looking for a day and night serum/treatment and an eye cream. I realize that my skin is still young so I don't need anything too harsh, but I just want to be preventative. ;)

I'm thinking about getting the Garnier Nutrioniste Daily Regenerating Serum b/c the ingredients (Vitamin C, Magnesium, lycopene) don't seem too harsh. Does anyone have any experience with Garnier? Oil of Olay? L'Oreal? Philosophy? Any Holy Grails I should be aware of?

Thanks so much ladies! I feel overwhelmed by all the choices, and I keep browsing through websites while I'm stuck at home post-op so I don't want to impulse purchase something worthless.

~Sarah

I've decided it's time to start taking *really* good care of my skin. I wear SPF 30 every day, wash my face morning and night (never sleep with make-up on), moisturize like crazy..but I feel I need to be doing something more.

I'm looking for a day and night serum/treatment and an eye cream. I realize that my skin is still young so I don't need anything too harsh, but I just want to be preventative. ;)

I'm thinking about getting the Garnier Nutrioniste Daily Regenerating Serum b/c the ingredients (Vitamin C, Magnesium, lycopene) don't seem too harsh. Does anyone have any experience with Garnier? Oil of Olay? L'Oreal? Philosophy? Any Holy Grails I should be aware of?

Thanks so much ladies! I feel overwhelmed by all the choices, and I keep browsing through websites while I'm stuck at home post-op so I don't want to impulse purchase something worthless.

~Sarah

It's definitely over whelming in the beginning. In your mid 20s you don't need anything "anti-aging" and nothing with retinol or wrinkle reducer.

I don't use any of those products listed above but I'm a huge Epricuren, ilike, and Lucrece junkie. I started getting into Perricone but a lot of their stuff is for more mature skin.

I use a ilike cleanser with nettle that gently exfoliates my skin and leaves it fresh. Epicuren cleanser are great as well.

Invest in a good moisturizer for PM use so you stay hydrated. Something with alpha lipoic acid which is a natural antioxidant in your skin but not too harsh.

During the day I use an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) moisturizer with SPF in it. This evens out tone and promotes cell renewal.

Perricone has a cream called Stimulcell that does this as well and it's for nighttime use. It helps your other treatments absorb so at night I use the Stimulcell then moisturize at night to help the absorption.

Twice a week a mild exfoliator is a good idea to help slough off any dead skin and residues hanging out from the junk in the air. I use a pumpkin peel by h2t that is pretty amazing. It's all natural so it adds nutrients as well as exfoliate.

So for you age: hydrate, AHAs, and alpha lipoic acid. Don't use retinol (unless you have acne or scarring) or anti-wrinkle until you have wrinkles.

~Sarah

Hi Sarah!

I am 23 and don't use anything but Artistry on my skin. I had fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead from having used tanning beds too much in high school. It'll catch up to you QUICK! *sigh* But I got on some products and saw great results...if you want details let me know because I don't want to get into trouble for promoting products on here and all that as I sell it too. And I can't PM for a few more days yet :-P

What are you post-op from by the way?

~Sara~

Thanks for all the suggestions! I would much rather try products that other people have had positive results with than be going totally blind.

And I'm post-op from a labiaplasty..:rolleyes::shame: PM me if you want the deets on that whole shebang..LOL

I use clinique superdefense. And I LOVE it. I also use clinique exfoliant when i wash my face. For my eyeswas origions eye. And Im 25. I starting using this stuff when I was about 21 after I quit smoking (still am not smoking woohoo!) and my skin looks SOOOO much better! I rea lly is worth it!

I used to use Roc with Retin-A. A little extreme since I'm in my mid-20s as well, but my forehead wrinkles are deep for someone of my age.
I usually get questions if I'm in my late teens/early 20s... but this past month has been mid-30s.

I've just added Strivectin to it since I was told I looked older like 3-4 times this past week, so I am feeling the age. Not considering Botox yet, but close... :lol:

Wow, good for you! The best thing you can do is keep up with the daily spf 30 or higher. Don't forget the backs of your hands too...our skin is so thin there and that area is a telltale sign of aging.

As far as skincare goes, check out the Arbonne anti-aging line. (arbonne.com). I love the hydrating wash:
REnewing.jpg

It is very light with a faint orange-y scent (I hate overly scented products).

Another non-product tip? Be gentle when applying and removing eye makeup. Don't overly stretch or pull your skin when applying shadows, liner, remover, etc. If you use your finger to apply makeup, use your 4th finger which is the weakest one.

And...sunnies wherever possible to avoid squinting. BELIEVE ME, all this pays off!!

I use La Prairie and it helped me a lot especially after I was taking steroids..it had really messed my skin up. I use the Marine Biology line which is for more youthful skin.. I love it.

I used to use Roc with Retin-A. A little extreme since I'm in my mid-20s as well, but my forehead wrinkles are deep for someone of my age.
I usually get questions if I'm in my late teens/early 20s... but this past month has been mid-30s.

I've just added Strivectin to it since I was told I looked older like 3-4 times this past week, so I am feeling the age. Not considering Botox yet, but close... :lol:

Did you used to tan alot? I did..in high school LOL. It was awful to my face especially! But now people hardly ever believe me when i say I'm 23...they always think I'm younger, like high school age. Ugh! :-P

~Sarah

What moisturizer do you use? do you use the same one for day and night?

I will permit myself to copy bits my post from yesterday from a similar thread ;)

Its a very good time to start thinking about preventing the ageing of your skin! :tup:You wont need the strong anti wrinkle products for years and you might want to wait a year or so with age prevention, but its a good idea to start looking for/testing out new products. Thankfully a lot of cosmetics companies have lines targeting specifically age prevention, so you have a lot to choose from.

Oil of Olay - Total Effects if first fine lines have appeared
Garnier - Garnier Stop or Nutritionist
Philosophy - you can use the booster serum once in a while if you see the skin gets tired or to change the routine
Chanel - Beaute Initiale
Clinique - Superdefense
Estee Lauder - DayWearPlus
Shiseido - Benefiance day and night creams
Lancome - Primordiale
Loccitane - Immortelle Precious
Biotherm - Age Fitness
Guerlain - Happylogy
Decleor- Vitaroma Prevention
DR Brandt - Lineless

As Schmodi suggested, exfoliate regularly, I would also suggest using hydrating and relaxing masks once, twice a week. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure what will work for you is to test the products, so try and get the samples before you buy the whole jar ( it took me more than a year to complete my list of must have products for age prevention). And if you feel like mixing products from different lines, mix away, just choose what feels best on your skin.Good luck!

~Sarah

yep - there are lots of things you can do now to keep great skin - here is a quicklist off the top of my head:

- drink lots of water
- eat lots of blueberries
- use natural sunscreen like zinc & mineral makeup
- don't go to tanning beds
- wash your face every morning & evening
- moisturize religiously
- sleep on higher threadcount pillowcases
- dont drink sodas
- dont smoke
- treat your neck equally with moisturizers

skincare is definitely a sure shower of 'you are what you eat'. Good habits are best started now and will give you fabulous results for waaaay longer than any topical skincare treatment will!