Looking for reputable local jeweler in the GTA

kiana904

Oct 17, 2010
Hi! I currently live in Toronto, Canada & have been searching for a reputable local jeweler for a really long time. It was not a problem when we lived in the states. Since being here about 3yrs ago (due to work), I am still looking for one that I can rely on & that will charge a reasonable price. I need to have a couple of my diamond & gemstone rings resized & also need to have one of my watch fixed (tag hauer link). I've tried european jewellers but they have bad reviews. We went nevertheless but I just don't seem to be able to trust them. They also cannot explain what repair was needed for the watch & just insisted we pay & have their 3rd party fix it. DH did not like it so we hold off on the repair. On the resizing, we are skeptical that they might switch the stones. Maybe we are just paranoid but wanted to make sure we can trust them before having things done. They also charge a lot! Thinking of going to Birks, then again, they also have negative reviews online so I'm not sure what to do now. The pieces that I want resized / repaired are from local jewelers elsewhere. I get annoyed wearing them loose or in the wrong finger. I will probably have to wait years to travel back to where I bought it or have made to fix it. I end up not wearing them a lot & would like to have more wear / rotation from these pieces. I know there are a few TPF members from Canada. If you girls can kindly recommend a good place so I can have these pieces fixed/ repaired, that will be really helpful. TIA! :smile:

Saati Jewellers on Mount pleasant rd is great! it is family fun and the whole family is certified in EVERYTHING. just take a look at their wall of certifications!!! Albert is the dad, Maggie is super nice and their son Andrew used to design for tiffany :biggrin:

Lorne Park Jewellers on the lakeshore in Misssissauga is my go to custom jeweller. ask for Vanig he's the owner and also the personal jewellery for Hurricane Hazel (Mississauga mayor)

both are my go to custom jewelers and they have great pre made stock as well. not the average cookie cutter mall jewellers

haha thanks Jen :biggrin: birks on bloor is great too! turnaround time on ring sizing will not be as quick as an independent. if you prefer to stay within Toronto, try Saati fine jewellery :biggrin:

Thanks, Candice! You're the best! :smile: I will go to your recommended jeweler then since I trust you completely. Will let you know how it goes. I might end up buying something or have something made.. who knows... ;p so excited to find a good recommended place... Thanks again!